Diesel Performance Industry Ethics Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HD F250

Reaction score
will you work on mine too ?

Bring it, I would to get my hands on some 6.7 interior so I can have ball chillers! LOL

A big part of me misses working on stuff like yours, Joes, Danny's, Donnie's, Erik's, etc. Installing top notch parts on clean, top notch trucks all day was a dream job in a lot of aspects. Hopefully sooner than later I get back into it on my terms. Now up in the oil field I gotta scrape 15# of dirt off of a transmission just to get to the bolt heads to work on it.

You would be dangerous at a shop that had a bunch of parts in stock! Hopefully some day you can get back to doing cool builds and quit working on commercial junk.....boring! :D

dommel01

Reaction score
i would like to know who this is, seeings how only a few companys are offering 6.7 kits

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Since there is so few established companies putting out 6.7 kits I think it would only be fair to share who you're talking about OP.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Since there is so few established companies putting out 6.7 kits I think it would only be fair to share who you're talking about OP.

Actually, I. Think all these "not naming any names" threads are bull ****. If you are at the point where you want to vent your frustrations, and the company that has been so generous as to take your money is unavailable to talk then its time to let the cat outta the bag.

This is assuming that you have actually held up your end of the bargain and actually have a right to bitch.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
If communication is poor, and they have fallen short on their obligations, then the most powerful message you can send to the company is threatening to dispute the card, then follow through disputing the transaction due to not providing product as described in a time frame described. If the situation is worse, then just do what you gotta do to get your money back, and send a clear message that your experience was unacceptable.

To any of you in this thread I've done business with while at Elite, I hope my honesty and clarity of your own situations, despite some times being the bearer of bad news was a satisfactory experience. If you had a bad experience with me personally, then I really am sorry. Send me a PM, and if there's anything I can do to make it up to you, I will. I agree with most of you in that telling it like it is, even if it's bad news, ends up being the best solution.

The bottom line with fancy performance parts companies is that unless it's on the shelf, most high end companies need a fair amount of time to produce the parts. That's no excuse, but it's reality. As long as expectations are realistic and reasonable then I see all parties winning. This industry is ripe with opportunity for anyone who can communicate effectively, and provide quality products in a timely manner at a fair price. I suspect those that are operating ethically are seeing a lot of success. I suspect that there are also a fair amount of non-ethical shops doing just fine too because of supply and demand. It's easy to get away with crap when you're the only one providing a service or product as in the case of the op. I have no idea who your problem vendor is, nor do care to know at this point. In a perfect world, this mystery shop will step up their game before it comes to a call-out. If they continue to excuse themselves and ignore you, I hope you do us all a favor by taking the time to report them to the BBB, and give an honest review of your experience with them, so we can have that available when deciding where to buy our parts.

Man everytime I spoke with you I was more than happy with the information and updates you provided.. I was rather disappointed to say the least to know that you were no longer going to be my right hand man with Elite.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Man everytime I spoke with you I was more than happy with the information and updates you provided.. I was rather disappointed to say the least to know that you were no longer going to be my right hand man with Elite.

:whs: I acually would request to talk to you whenever I would call. You NEVER gave me a line of crap about my orders like some companys will do.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are not the first in the diesel industry to have this issue. It seems to happen a lot with companies that seem to get a little to busy for what they can actually handle. I don't get it, and there's been stories of trucks sitting at shops for damn near years and I just am floored at how ok with it some people are.

This is a good post, as many others were too. I have heard many stories of people that had a build that took years. Blows my mind and 100% unacceptable from any company.

I have been on both sides of the counter as well. Usually more as the consumer then the retailer as my business on here is selling more oem parts. Slow is par for course in this industry, and that is bad enough, but all the other BS of companies taking money AND not standing behind their work is end all of Bull****!!

If you are too busy to answer the phone, return phone calls, or answer emails, for weeks on end, then you need to close the doors, put up a message that says: "We are temporarily closed until we catch up for customer satisfaction. We hope you understand, and look forward to doing business with you in the future"

The other solution would be to expand and try to hire more people that are qualified to help the situation. However, the likelihood of that happening in the time it needs too is next to impossible.

Quit taking people's money, work on the projects that are already sitting there, and handle warranty work. If you can't do this without taking everybody else's money for working capital then you are doomed anyway.

This isn't aimed at any one particular company, but I think there are a few select ones that stand out in this department.

There are some very good shops too, so its not all bad. However, one guy that really seems to stand out in the good department is BTS.

Here is how he handles the situation. Brian "What is going on with the part?" Customer "This is what's going on (insert problem here)." Brian "Ok, I think this is what it is. Let's get that fixed for you as quickly as possible." Customer " Thank you. That is great. You will be getting my business from here on." Brian " No thank you. Sorry for the mishap. If there is ever any other problems let me know."

Just my .02

dommel01

Reaction score
Just my two cents, every company is great to talk to when your trying to get parts or asking about them, after they get that cc number, ha your on your own basically

Wayne

Reaction score

:whs: I acually would request to talk to you whenever I would call. You NEVER gave me a line of crap about my orders like some companys will do.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I always enjoy working with guys like you who are understanding and appreciative of the no-bull crap approach. I know I come off as a crusty jerk some times, but my motivation is to help you get the most realistic picture of what you can expect. Less headaches for everybody that way.
This is a good post, as many others were too. I have heard many stories of people that had a build that took years. Blows my mind and 100% unacceptable from any company.

I have been on both sides of the counter as well. Usually more as the consumer then the retailer as my business on here is selling more oem parts. Slow is par for course in this industry, and that is bad enough, but all the other BS of companies taking money AND not standing behind their work is end all of Bull****!!

If you are too busy to answer the phone, return phone calls, or answer emails, for weeks on end, then you need to close the doors, put up a message that says: "We are temporarily closed until we catch up for customer satisfaction. We hope you understand, and look forward to doing business with you in the future"

The other solution would be to expand and try to hire more people that are qualified to help the situation. However, the likelihood of that happening in the time it needs too is next to impossible.

Quit taking people's money, work on the projects that are already sitting there, and handle warranty work. If you can't do this without taking everybody else's money for working capital then you are doomed anyway.

This isn't aimed at any one particular company, but I think there are a few select ones that stand out in this department.

There are some very good shops too, so its not all bad. However, one guy that really seems to stand out in the good department is BTS.

Here is how he handles the situation. Brian "What is going on with the part?" Customer "This is what's going on (insert problem here)." Brian "Ok, I think this is what it is. Let's get that fixed for you as quickly as possible." Customer " Thank you. That is great. You will be getting my business from here on." Brian " No thank you. Sorry for the mishap. If there is ever any other problems let me know."

Just my .02
Excellent post!!! The good news for customers is that the market is growing, so the few shops who have been around a long time, and had the corner on the market have less of a corner. They MUST provide good customer service, or the customer will take their hard-earned money elsewhere. The down side to the market growing is that companies like sinister, with a lot of investment capital come in, and make a killing off of copies of all the easily mass produced products so the guys who develop the stuff can't make the profit they once did, leaving less money for R&D, and truly innovative products are harder to develop, slowing down time frames for all the really cool stuff to be developed and readily available. I don't mean this post as a derail, but rather an observation as to why there aren't more options out there. That's just how the free market works. As long as our sport continues to grow, the go-to parts companies will either have their stuff together, and make a lot of money producing the stuff we all want, and deliver it in a timely fashion, or get replaced by the next guy to the table.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually, I. Think all these "not naming any names" threads are bull ****. If you are at the point where you want to vent your frustrations, and the company that has been so generous as to take your money is unavailable to talk then its time to let the cat outta the bag.

This is assuming that you have actually held up your end of the bargain and actually have a right to bitch.

Correct, assuming all of the story is true and not exaggerated. If there are problems that are being past reconciliation, then warning the rest of the community is preferred.

Just my two cents, every company is great to talk to when your trying to get parts or asking about them, after they get that cc number, ha your on your own basically

Not all companies are the same

Thanks for the kind words guys. I always enjoy working with guys like you who are understanding and appreciative of the no-bull crap approach. I know I come off as a crusty jerk some times, but my motivation is to help you get the most realistic picture of what you can expect. Less headaches for everybody that way.

Excellent post!!! The good news for customers is that the market is growing, so the few shops who have been around a long time, and had the corner on the market have less of a corner. They MUST provide good customer service, or the customer will take their hard-earned money elsewhere. The down side to the market growing is that companies like sinister, with a lot of investment capital come in, and make a killing off of copies of all the easily mass produced products so the guys who develop the stuff can't make the profit they once did, leaving less money for R&D, and truly innovative products are harder to develop, slowing down time frames for all the really cool stuff to be developed and readily available. I don't mean this post as a derail, but rather an observation as to why there aren't more options out there. That's just how the free market works. As long as our sport continues to grow, the go-to parts companies will either have their stuff together, and make a lot of money producing the stuff we all want, and deliver it in a timely fashion, or get replaced by the next guy to the table.

I think you hit it on the head, honesty and no bs goes a long way in most peoples book. Your type of attitude would be a valuable asset to any company.

Joe@Ideal

Reaction score
Correct, assuming all of the story is true and not exaggerated. If there are problems that are being past reconciliation, then warning the rest of the community is preferred.

I had hoped by this point Elite would have stepped up and made this right in some way, shape or form. You are correct Sledpull. Had someone posted a simlar experience with Elite I would still be mad as hell right now but at least share in some of the responsibility of not heeding a warning.

I will post the details in another thread.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Nobody here has said the OP's problems are with Elite. There are past and present Elite customers who have participated in this discussion, and expressed "disappointment" with their experience, but until somebody comes out and says who, we don't know which shop is to blame for the poor experience. Also, as Morgan stated, we are assuming the story is not exaggerated. Often times in these rant threads, the OP leaves out certain critical details that change the whole situation. For those reasons, I will form an opinion once all the details come to light, assuming they do.

HenryJ

Reaction score
I had hoped by this point Elite would have stepped up and made this right in some way, shape or form. You are correct Sledpull. Had someone posted a simlar experience with Elite I would still be mad as hell right now but at least share in some of the responsibility of not heeding a warning.

This is the OP.

Matt

Reaction score
Nobody here has said the OP's problems are with Elite. There are past and present Elite customers who have participated in this discussion, and expressed "disappointment" with their experience, but until somebody comes out and says who, we don't know which shop is to blame for the poor experience. Also, as Morgan stated, we are assuming the story is not exaggerated. Often times in these rant threads, the OP leaves out certain critical details that change the whole situation. For those reasons, I will form an opinion once all the details come to light, assuming they do.

He is the op, and he started another thread saying it is Elite.

bluedge8

Reaction score

The above is the op, and is calling out Elite in that quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online