Diesel Site fuel filter setup

Jake

Reaction score
Any of yall using the setup?

I have just stepped into the 6.7 world, does the factory filtration really suck as bad as Bob has a experience with? I have a Dahl setup on the 00, and had it on the 97, along with many other machines and boats. I just want to be able to be a bit more preventative.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I installed one a few weeks ago and am pleased with it. I like the fact I can just glance under the truck and tell if they have any water in them. Pricey but if it saves the fuel system just one time it will pay for itself.

Jake

Reaction score
That is where I'm at, insurance on the fuel system. The Dahl filters are damn good. We had a rental generator here that came from offshore deployment, we were draining water and crud off it every day, and the final filter on the engine looked like new. The Dahl was handling all the junk.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I have one in use since december, I have no complaints. figured it was cheaper than a fuel system! I have not got anything but good fuel either though.

expensive deal for what it is, however still way cheaper than the alternative... once the water in fuel light comes on the whole system is usually trashed. Our factory lift pump can't hold much water

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Running one here. Cheap insurance for sure and it's working just fine. Like others I can inspect it pretty easily to see if anything is collecting.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Any of you guys have a road debris guard for It? My only concern is it is directly in the path of debris projectiles from the drivers side steer tire.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
If something hits it, it was meant to happen. I have yet to see any sort of impact damage, knicks, or marks. I'm fairly confident the Dahl material is pretty tough. In any event just pull over, remove the DieselSite lines, clip the OE lines back on, purge the air. Back at it with no worries.

Jake

Reaction score
The Dahl bowls are tough, I had the 150 size on the 97 that hung way down, the bowl was pitted, but never damaged. Hopefully I'll order one next week if Bob's shop doesn't get wiped off the planet. I did notice some rust around my filler neck which scares the f out of me.

Jake

Reaction score
I have one in use since december, I have no complaints. figured it was cheaper than a fuel system! I have not got anything but good fuel either though.

expensive deal for what it is, however still way cheaper than the alternative... once the water in fuel light comes on the whole system is usually trashed. Our factory lift pump can't hold much water
How much crap have you caught in the bowls? Bob must get fuel at some crappy places, I have only gotten fuel that bad a couple times. I always try to get fuel at newer stations or ones I know take care of there gear.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I've had mine for over 2 years, rock roads...... pricey but worth it in my opinion. My factory filters are always clean at 15k miles, thinking I might go to 20k considering my dieselsite filter reminder is still in the good zone.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I literally have nothing in my bowls after 9 months. but like I said I have been being picky about getting fuel at the newer wawa gas stations around here. Today with the storm was one of the few times I have got fuel at some place other than wawa. they are new to the area and I have had good luck. I got the filter right after my buddy left NC and had to stop in bfe GA for fuel, an hour later he was on the side of road dumping water every 50 miles. scared me with his kids, wife and tractor on side of road dead is no fun. I ain't into the extra, plus the rain every day around here like a rain forest, some dumb ass left the lid open to underground tanks after delivering fuel at my wal mart. uhhh

Jomax

Reaction score
I've been thinking of trying to make a less expensive set up, maybe using something like this https://www.amazon.com/iFJF-Automot...8-1-spons&keywords=fuel+water+separator&psc=1

I'm trying to figure out flow requirements. The Dieselsite one looks nice, but it seems like a rip off for what it is.

I wouldn't skimp on it. I'd rock the diesel site filter setup. They're expensive trucks. I never added it because AZ is dry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I put on those in my truck when i did the cimmins swap. I did away with the factory cummins filter and added this. You can buy a WIF sensor and i wired that into the factory dash light so i had the one on the HFCM as well. It was great i got bad fuel at middle in nowhere Oklahoma and that filter with the see thru bowl saved me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wouldn't skimp on it. I'd rock the diesel site filter setup. They're expensive trucks. I never added it because AZ is dry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's dry weather got to do with contaminated fuel??? Lol.

Stop bragging!!... at least we have water! (Maybe too much)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.