Diesel Supplement Guide

MCarter788

Reaction score
I know most people probably know enough about their PowerStrokes that they think they don't need to read this. I am certainly not one of those people. I just picked up a '15 Platinum F-250 and it's my first diesel to ever own. So I decided to read the supplement guide and the very first page had two things that I didn't positively know.
uhanade6.jpg

u3u4u6e2.jpg

Anyways the point of me writing this is to say, read your supplement guide, you might learn something about your PowerStroke that you didn't know before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sagebel

Reaction score
There are many here that have had warranty work done after removing thier tuner and even some that have had warranty work done with aftermarket equipment in place. It all depends on the dealer. Bottom line is you better be ready to pay if you want to play and don't bitch and moan if you end up paying.

MCarter788

Reaction score
Yea I have been told by a few different people that they were able to remove their tuner after something went wrong and the warranty still covered the issues. You also have to consider what type of warranty people are talking about. If it's the factory bumper to bumper warranty then the above pic shows the justification for them not having to cover your damages. Like you said, just depends on who you are dealing with. I purchased an extra warranty from my dealership that covers anything and everything, including any aftermarket parts that you decide to put on your vehicle. So obviously a tuner won't matter on warranty work in that case.

Reaction score
I know most people probably know enough about their PowerStrokes that they think they don't need to read this. I am certainly not one of those people. I just picked up a '15 Platinum F-250 and it's my first diesel to ever own. So I decided to read the supplement guide and the very first page had two things that I didn't positively know.
uhanade6.jpg

u3u4u6e2.jpg

Anyways the point of me writing this is to say, read your supplement guide, you might learn something about your PowerStroke that you didn't know before.

I've had my IDS on quite a few 10-14 6.7s and there is no trace of the tuners being used. However, if the truck has a programmer loaded and you attempt the do a reprogram, the IDS will say it detected a non stock calibration. If a Ford engineer gets ahold of the PCM, they will be able to check the number of reflashes based on checksums, your average tech can't.