Dieselsite thermostat housing

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Do I need longer bolts for the billet housing that dieselsite sells? If so what size bolts do I need? I couldn't find an answer anywhere searching it. I have got one ordered and realized its quite a bit thicker. Thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Nope. Factory ones work fine. Be sure to torque it to factory spec... Which has slipped my mind...

Arisley

Reaction score
Factory ones worked fine. I did not use a torque wrench on mine. Simply good and snug plus a little grunt with a 1/4 inch drive ratchet.

Jomax

Reaction score
Same here, german specs, gud an tiht

That's all I use!

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks fellers. I tend to use the calibrated hand method! At least for bolts like this.

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Thanks, yea I figured I would need to soak em. Just in case anyone does want to know the torque spec in my Haynes says 18 ft/lbs.

TARM

Reaction score
When you install them I recommend using some anti-sieze. Make sure to get it over the full length of the threads. As the pump housing is alum and you are using steel alloy bolts they will gall, rust, and seize up. You then end up breaking them off. I have actually gotten to the point of using it or loctite on many bolts depending on use.

TyCorr

Reaction score
When you install them I recommend using some anti-sieze. Make sure to get it over the full length of the threads. As the pump housing is alum and you are using steel alloy bolts they will gall, rust, and seize up. You then end up breaking them off. I have actually gotten to the point of using it or loctite on many bolts depending on use.

I had to heat my tstat housing bolts.

TARM

Reaction score
I just had one of the AC comp bolts break on me from this. I spent two days allowing it to soak in PB, banged on it, heated it etc.. Finally I just broke it off and dealt with the extra work. Needless to say they got a nice coating of anti-seize when they went back in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just had one of the AC comp bolts break on me from this. I spent two days allowing it to soak in PB, banged on it, heated it etc.. Finally I just broke it off and dealt with the extra work. Needless to say they got a nice coating of anti-seize when they went back in.

As bad as an exhaust manifold bolt?

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Ah yes, anti-sieze for reinstall good call. Thanks tarm! Hope I don't have to resort to heat to get em out but I'm prepared to if need be.

TARM

Reaction score
As bad as an exhaust manifold bolt?

Only because its a very long thin for its length bolts. You can literally twist them in two right where the threads and smooth shank meet. This is with nothing more than one of those stubby short socket wrench so next to no extra leverage.

Latest posts

Members online