different single turbo kits

pog

Reaction score
Well now that the obvious is out of the way LOL...

kdogg85

Reaction score
My wife's truck has a 475 single bat and hasn't given any trouble in 15,000 miles since it was put on, other than being ungodly loud at wot. It's daily driven as well. She doesn't drive full throttle all the time either, that may have a lot to do with it as well.

pog

Reaction score
how do you like the s475 as a dd? stop and go traffic or hwy driven?

kdogg85

Reaction score
It seems to have the same lag as a powermax and stock sticks on a 6.0, maybe a tad more. Under 1/4 throttle there is no smoke at all and get pretty far ahead of traffic. More than that is a haze to a cloud(if bogged down.) Once the charger lights(around 1800 rpms) the smoke goes to a light haze at wot.

The driving is pretty mixed, it does just fine in town or cruising down the highway. Jackrabbit starts always mean a big cloud of smoke unless you boost it up. Normal take off, no smoke whatsoever. Roughly 45/55(city/highway)

One thing that does help cruising is not having the tc lock up till 56mph. I believe the 310 late lock is 50 or 52, you can get by if you need to but it falls on its face and smokes like crazy. Cruising boost is around 5-8 psi and at 1800rpms the thing just takes off.

It may be able to tow a bass boat maybe, never tried it. I wouldn't recommend trying it, just no enough cubes to tow with that size charger alone. My fummins is for the towing.

To the op, other that turbo choice, I can't see too much difference in single kits other that the inlet flange setup you go with.

Last edited:

mhop

Reaction score
E.D turbo set up on my 2008 6.4

Attachments

• single turbo build.jpg
    single turbo build.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 111
  • turbo set up.jpg
    turbo set up.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 105

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
u sir are correct. reasons for recommending single only for toy.

Properly sized single for what you wanna do is perfectly daily drivable
Aka good exhaust manifolds and good injector nozzles and tuning plays a big roll into how well it works

BFT

Reaction score
I think JD was speaking for those that still use their trucks for heavy towing or all around work truck. The single is very drivable from what I've seen and heard, and could make gobs of power for those wanting to hot rod their trucks.
Majority of singles don't play nice up in elevation

Crack85

Reaction score
Properly sized single for what you wanna do is perfectly daily drivable
Aka good exhaust manifolds and good injector nozzles and tuning plays a big roll into how well it works

I think JD was speaking for those that still use their trucks for heavy towing or all around work truck. The single is very drivable from what I've seen and heard, and could make gobs of power for those wanting to hot rod their trucks.
Majority of singles don't play nice up in elevation

Thanks for response gentlmen.

BFT

Reaction score
If you make posts that don't pertain to this thread then I will remove them.

Joe, you know where to go to ask that question.

Latest posts

Members online