Dimming the touchscreen?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
How in the hell do you kill the touchscreen in the 2016 lariat trucks. Was backing a trailer in the dark and that screen is blinding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Rectangle button to the lower left of the steering wheel, press down on it, only half way, and it will start to dim. Dims the entire dash.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
On the wifes expedition it has a button to turn off the screen completely. That is what im looking for. The panel dimmer only dims things so much though. I wish that also would kill the lights

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Turn on parking lights, use the dimmer all the way down. Best I find for driving/use is to dim the interior all the down, then bump it up one press. Just enough light for the gauges and display.

Reaction score
You can not turn it off like the older ones. If you go into the settings you can dim it but it is a pita then you will not be able to see it during the day. We had to figure something out after driving in the dark for about 8 hours.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Turn on parking lights, use the dimmer all the way down. Best I find for driving/use is to dim the interior all the down, then bump it up one press. Just enough light for the gauges and display.

I actually enjoy driving this way at night. It's very reasonable and takes a strain off my eyes.

Tinted windows amplify any interior lighting at night. It's part your actual eyes and part the natural light outside at night that plays an affect on a person's visual. Tint certainly does NOT help with that.

dsberman94

Reaction score
My father uses a black stretchy book sock in his Lincoln with the touch screen. It's enough to take the brightness out but if you get one cheap enough it still allows you to see through it and touch the screen.

jswan

Reaction score
If you click the settings button on the bottom of the screen, then select display on the left hand side. You get the option for auto, day, night or off. That's the only way I know of to turn the screen off

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hate those screens for that reason.

People driving around a city must like the stupid bright interior lights ford started using in the 11+ vehicles but if you live out in the sticks it's blinding as hell. I turn them all the way down and its still too much.

When you pass a ford on the road you can see all the occupants in the vehicle because the bright lights. :D

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Never was a issue on my 04, 05 or 06. Even the wifes 2010 expy will dim all the way

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.