DPC BS thread

Nic

Reaction score
Good job guys! How'd Jaran do in the pull?

Not so good. He lost boost mid way through the pull for some reason. When he got back in it it sounded like it was only at 70% throttle and didn't go very far after that. Great job to the Ford team this year! I think we did awesome. Awesome enough to burn down the duramaxes too LOL. Congrats to JW for getting 3Rd in the HEUI!!! I think he should have got 2nd from what I saw, but whatever. J.D. And Jared could have had some of that podium I'm convinced but crap happens. Did bad a$$ anyway. Congrats yall. :thumbsup: :ford:

Last edited:
Reaction score
How bout trucks that aren't shop trucks?

No shop trucks is a f*cking joke. This years competition would have been weak if that were the case. Kinda like last years. You want the best of the best, who cares who the owner is. Otherwise it will just be shop sponsored customer trucks or idiots with more money than brains.

Congrats to the ford team this year! You guys did awesome! Maybe next year we can come home with the W! We can say that 6.4's and 6.0's all wiped the duramax's this year. It's always going to be hard to beat lavon and some of these cummins they come pretty legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt dong

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with getting readers involved but dont short change the contestants. Let those legit trucks earn a spot into the competition.

Wayne

Reaction score
No shop trucks is a f*cking joke. This years competition would have been weak if that were the case. Kinda like last years. You want the best of the best, who cares who the owner is. Otherwise it will just be shop sponsored customer trucks or idiots with more money than brains.

Congrats to the ford team this year! You guys did awesome! Maybe next year we can come home with the W! We can say that 6.4's and 6.0's all wiped the duramax's this year. It's always going to be hard to beat lavon and some of these cummins they come pretty legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:whs: When David Kennedy started this whole thing, the point was to gather the best of the best, and see how far the industry has come, and give it a reason to push harder. If you want to pit the best against the best, you can't be selective on your sources. Not like every day joe blow can buy a $30-70K truck, then put another $60K into it, just to risk blowing it up. That alone makes it appeal to only a select group; the same group they're ostracizing. There's just no way to have a magazine promoted event where an everyday reader can compete successfully. Maybe they can do the DPC with bone stock brand new trucks to fight out whose is best, kind of like the king of the hill challenge, but otherwise it's pointless.

I just really enjoyed watching this year's competition because despite a couple weak non-ford trucks, the competition was really stiff. Everybody I cared to watch had their stuff together, came prepared, and pushed their trucks to the limit. Thanks to all you guys who competed for putting on such a great show. If nothing else, we learned that 6.0's can't idle in the cold, and rocker arm upgrades are sorely needed LOL

TxLmL

Reaction score
I would love to see them level out the field with only one truck from each generation. A 6.0, 6.4, 6.7, Lbz, Lmm, Lml, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, 4th gen…etc.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Some complain that it's all shop trucks, but then one guy that built his own truck with his hard earned money enters his manual 7.3 and makes it, or has the baddest vp dodge in his little farm town and gets into dpc and people damn near make internet death threats saying how it's a waste of an entry.

Can't please everyone, It's more entertaining when it's the best of the best.

swinky

Reaction score
:whs: When David Kennedy started this whole thing, the point was to gather the best of the best, and see how far the industry has come, and give it a reason to push harder. If you want to pit the best against the best, you can't be selective on your sources. Not like every day joe blow can buy a $30-70K truck, then put another $60K into it, just to risk blowing it up. That alone makes it appeal to only a select group; the same group they're ostracizing. There's just no way to have a magazine promoted event where an everyday reader can compete successfully. Maybe they can do the DPC with bone stock brand new trucks to fight out whose is best, kind of like the king of the hill challenge, but otherwise it's pointless.

I just really enjoyed watching this year's competition because despite a couple weak non-ford trucks, the competition was really stiff. Everybody I cared to watch had their stuff together, came prepared, and pushed their trucks to the limit. Thanks to all you guys who competed for putting on such a great show. If nothing else, we learned that 6.0's can't idle in the cold, and rocker arm upgrades are sorely needed LOL
That would actually be really cool. Do it with bone stock trucks maybe in the fall? As a totally separate event.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
That would actually be really cool. Do it with bone stock trucks maybe in the fall? As a totally separate event.

Too expensive. Plus no on wants to see stock trucks do non impressive things.

It's like the guys that bitch about a true "stock" class pulling class.

It's marginally impressive, and not worth the 50k+ it takes to put on one of these events

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

It's marginally impressive, and not worth the 50k+ it takes to put on one of these events
Pure stock... kinda like the opening act that nobody even bothers to show up for to watch.

I consider it perfect timing if I show up 30 mins late and miss the pure stock BS

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Denny Hao just killing it at life

_971314102900104_7583014419629402364_o_zpsrbcgerbe.jpg

_971314149566766_4798593495538748898_o_zps6xjhhubf.jpg

_971314162900098_1455822889805321333_n_zpsxs2uemff.jpg

_971314099566771_8008642387942818165_n_zpskrfq3jmm.jpg

_971314152900099_3756682619053866617_n_zpsozlyzuut.jpg

_971314106233437_6655908371643915528_n_zpshg6mk1ud.jpg

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Anyone have what place everyone came in not just the top 3?

1. Lavon
2. Rick
3. Jesse
Speculation on the rest...they wouldn't tell us. It could change some.
4. Jerry
5. Jaran
6. JD
7. Jared
8. Buck
9. Cory
10. Bill

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

swinky

Reaction score

Makes sense.

It would just be helpful to the average person that wants to buy a new truck I think.

So what class will your truck be pulling in? Congrats on killing it in the pull!

Latest posts

Members online