Dt466e swap

Blumkin

Reaction score
A little sick of 7.3s at the moment got 2 on the floor in garage. Just thinking outside the box. Without addressing fitment issues 7.3 is 444e in international talk all sensors on motor look to be international parts how crazy does it sound to wire up 7.3 ecm and harness with some splicing of course to 466e. Obviously has too less cylinders but maybe a good tuner could get it to work with in line 6 timing and get ecm to forget about cylinder 7 and 8.

superpsd

Reaction score
Your not going to just get the 7.3 electronics to just not fire 2 cylinder. Even if there is a way to trick it or modify it will not be easy and be likely very difficult to figure out. You will also need the tuning software package and you would have to remap a lot of values in the calibration. If you want to dump a dt466e in consider swapping the dt466 electronics to fire it. That would be a lot simpler. A dt466 also weighs about another 450-500 lbs over a 7.3 you may want to upgrade some of the suspesion to handle more weight over the front axle.

Last edited:

Blumkin

Reaction score
Ya the I know it won't be easy I found a dt466 with bosch mw in line injection pump not too far from me. As far as suspension goes I figured rsk with stock 1ton springs and an extra leaf. Not any worse than a snow plow

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.