Dual alternator downgrade

powerstroke22

Reaction score
My truck had dual alternators on it. You will need a new secondary water pump from a single truck and I used IDS to turn the battery light off.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
My truck had dual alternators on it. You will need a new secondary water pump from a single truck and I used IDS to turn the battery light off.

Hmm. Well I will hold off for now than. Do you remember the part number for the water pump? Do the dual alternator trucks only have one water pump than?

Tobad a person couldn't mount that cp3 in place of the secondary alternator.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I have the part# in my binder I could get it for you. All the trucks have two pumps the dual alternator trucks have an additional bracket cast into the water pump.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
H&S probably knows exactly what needs to be done. Give them a call. They are always helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesse_01

Reaction score

I checked with ford. I do not need a different water pump if I go from dual to single alternator. I do need a different water pump if I go from a single to dual. All I will need is a different belt to run a single alternator and programming.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
There are definitely different water pumps for dual and single alternator water pump we have to switch them out ever dual fuelers we put on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Oh it gets in the way of the dual fueler system.
I was also given the SVE bulletin for adding or removing alternators. Q-160R1

Which two wires can you jump together to get rid of the light on dash?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: