Dually billet spacers problems

Idiesel

Reaction score
Anyone else having bad vibrations after installing spacers in between their duals? I'm having the vibrations at speeds higher than 60

Motostroker

Reaction score
Have you check the for cracks? It may sound weird but I had a brand new set with a crack in them. Causing a very similar problem

Spindrift

Reaction score
I've got 285/75/17. I get some vibration over 70 but I'm thinking it's the tire more than the spacer. Toyo MT.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I'm running a toyo mt as well and never had the vibration before the spacer. I don't need the spacer until I put a good load on it so this is why I bought them. I'm gonna check them for cracks. Wonder if they need to be balanced?

Idiesel

Reaction score
No I ordered lug centric but they use a tapered lug nut to center but it could be off a bit. I think I'm going to jack it up and let the rear spin and see how off they are

Idiesel

Reaction score
Well I say that. I bought them from motor city bolt on and It didnt say if they were lug or hub centric.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Yes those are the ones I'm running. I called them this morning, they said they are lug centric. I told him about my problem he said he doesn't hear much about the problem I'm having. He said to go slowly tighten them across from each other till they are completely tight. Gonna try that one night this week if I get a chance and ill update y'all. If it doesn't work I will see what he will do about getting me fixed up or ill be ordering some different ones. Thanks for the help

NotStock

Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend you do not drive your truck until you get those spacers off of there. I would not run anything but a hub centric spacer especially on a dually or a front. It can go from a simple vibration to completely sheared off in a matter of seconds. Dont risk it.

VanoFord

Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend you do not drive your truck until you get those spacers off of there. I would not run anything but a hub centric spacer especially on a dually or a front. It can go from a simple vibration to completely sheared off in a matter of seconds. Dont risk it.

exactly!

NotStock

Reaction score
The factory Ford hub was not intended to be trued by the studs. It was designed to be hub centric. Additionally the fact that you are getting a vibration means there is something off. Which means its putting a tremendous amount of stress on those lugs in a way that they were not intended to be used. The added weight and leverage of dually setups adds more to the equation.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Okay we'll this makes more sense now. Wish I would've done alittle more research before buying these. Thanks for all the help

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Honestly, I would think the person/place selling the spacers should know better to say hey, those wont work for your setup. So you dont end up with them in the first place.

Latest posts

Members online