E-fuel conversion question.

lugnut1009

Reaction score
Ok, I have been researching and can't find answers to some questions I have.

One thing I read on every e-fuel conversion write up is they are deleting the stock fuel bowl. I don't have a problem with keeping my fuel bowl. Filters are readily available and has the return regulator made on it. I want to figure out how to keep that and just replace my mechanical pump with an electric pump. I can see the advantage of adding a secondary filter, that's no big deal.

My other question is, I've heard of people finding the fitting to use the factory fuel lines and fuel pump banjo bolt, adapting it to a single fitting. Anybody know any info on this?

So if I can get these questions answered, I could install an e-fuel conversion in less time, as well as maybe making it easier for someone else down the road. I like the idea of using the stock fuel line without cutting the banjo bolt connector off.

Thanks in advance guys

lugnut1009

Reaction score
Well looks like doing this on my phone I put it in the wrong section. Can someone move it for me?

superpsd

Reaction score
You can't use the factory fuel bowl with a high pressure pump. The mechanical pump is a two stage pump. It pushes 6 psi thru the fuel bowl then back into the pump to feed the heads.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You will have issues if you stick with the stock obs bowl. You have 2 options. Delete the bowl, or swap to a SD complete setup.

lugnut1009

Reaction score
I was thinking more like using the factory fuel bowl on the suction side of the pump. But, that may be a bad idea also because it might not work well under vacuum... I

ghohouston

Reaction score
I was thinking more like using the factory fuel bowl on the suction side of the pump. But, that may be a bad idea also because it might not work well under vacuum... I

You can find used SD parts cheap. What you're talking about sounds kind of over complicated

lugnut1009

Reaction score
It may be. Was just thinking it through. Guess I didn't think it all the way through.

What about the banjo bolt adapter?

mandkole

Reaction score
There's guys who've modded an old pump outlet to use the banjo assy. There's a few threads on it.

lugnut1009

Reaction score
Well, searching on a real computer sure does help.

I found this old thread with a youtube video.

Here is the part on ebay that he is referring to. I like it!! It is $76 but I think it might be worth it when I do go e-fuel.

$(KGrHqFHJBME8e7!7tz2BPLbPmGGjQ~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Try and keep it simple.

- Put the pre and post filters down by the selector switch.
- Mount you pump in the same area.
- Re-use the feed line up to the motor.
- Split the feed line in the valley and feed the heads with -6AN.
- Re-use the return hose onto the regulator.
- Tie the return from the regulator into return line in the valley.

Sounds complicated but it's real easy. I have pics of my E-fuel on PSN.

That banjo block will not work if plan on converting to T4 turbo set up in the future.

Billy T.
[email protected]

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Using that fitting / Block still keeps the leak prone Viton seals in the back in the head. Best off to just get rid of it all in my opinion. The filters used in a stock fuel bowl ate kinda pricey and need to be changed often. You can get 40k miles out of a remote filter set up if you watch where you buy fuel from. So there is more long term savings with the remote filters on the frame.

m j

Reaction score
sounds like OP is staying all stock, so efuel is not really needed
I would just leave it mech pump

lugnut1009

Reaction score
I am going to leave it mechanical for a while. But when it goes out again, I want to have everything ready to go e-fuel instead of spending the money for another mechanical pump.

I think I'm going to slowly build my own kit. Finding piece by piece as I go and stage it up for when I'm ready. Also, I do plan to go with some larger injectors down the road. Just too much potential in these engines to leave stock injectors in there.

Only future plans I have so far is e-fuel, maybe a set of 200/30 hybrid injectors, gauges, intercooler (maybe), and EBPV delete. None of this in the foreseeable future, but...

I hope to find the 255LPH Walbro pump with fitting to thread directly into filter housings and mount them on each side without hoses.

Last edited:

PsRumors

Reaction score
Try and keep it simple.

- Put the pre and post filters down by the selector switch.
- Mount you pump in the same area.
- Re-use the feed line up to the motor.
- Split the feed line in the valley and feed the heads with -6AN.
- Re-use the return hose onto the regulator.
- Tie the return from the regulator into return line in the valley.

Sounds complicated but it's real easy. I have pics of my E-fuel on PSN.

That banjo block will not work if plan on converting to T4 turbo set up in the future.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Excellent advice and the best way to approach the project

sounds like OP is staying all stock, so efuel is not really needed
I would just leave it mech pump

I still have high hopes of someday getting injectors for my truck but even if I never do my e-fuel was one of the best mods I did on an otherwise stock truck. Quicker starts, smoother idle, cleaner valley, cheaper longer lasting better filters

Even stock I think e-fuel is a worthwhile endeavor

Latest posts

Members online