E4OD shift kit

pdumont01

Reaction score
Well there are a few different kits, each look different but claim to do the same thing. I was looking at going with b&m or the trans go tugger kit. Any reccomendations? I'm going to build the trans next year with a stage 2 kit. For now I just want to focus on the valve body.
Anyone have experience with any of the kits, pros con's?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
Both Sonnax and transgo do basically the same things, just differently. Transgo is more 'user friendly' in that most of the kit does not require the transmission to be taken apart, just valve body mods. Sonnax will require 'some' transmission dis-assembly to perform the same functions.

I've used both companies/kits in the past. If you plan on going through the trans at some point, you could do the tugger now and then do it again with your kit of choice later, or you can perform a partial install of a sonnax kit and finish it later; however you won't receive all the benefits off the bat.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Thanks guys so I decided to do the same brand kit I used on my focus, it is from shift technology, it was only 59.00 and looks the same as the other comparable ones and also only requires valve body removal, I'm also going to drill out a few ports on the separator plate. When I do the overhaul I'm going to get the stage 2 kit that has all the sonnax mods included. Hopefully I made a good choice we will see.... I'll do the valve body next Friday, this weekend its the oil cooler gaskets....

Last edited:

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
I don't remember if the stage 2 kit has it, but i'd recommend a new separator plate for the build. The holes you drill now may not correspond to the hole you drill later...

pdumont01

Reaction score
I don't remember if the stage 2 kit has it, but i'd recommend a new separator plate for the build. The holes you drill now may not correspond to the hole you drill later...
Good point I will be sure to check that out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.