E99 needing injectors stage 1 2 or hybrids?

Sam_is_white

Reaction score
I appreciate the advice coming from all directions even the harsh ones haha, the thing with the e99 is the turbo,intake,plenums. by the time I buy all that it would almost be pointless to do anything besides a t4 setup. but then come the issue of having to build the heads also. Will the stock turbo not hold 400hp? I understand also that the 4r100 tranny is a weak point with this but at this point injectors are showing signs of needing replaces and since this is a dd that is my main concern. if/when the tranny gives ill address that. Im leaning towards a 160/30 or 180/30. can someone explain the differences between those injectors mechanically and performance wise?
THANKS!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
as a secondary suggestion, seeing as i just re-read your original post, instead of upgrading to a 17*, since your already spending the money, go just a tad further, and upgrade to a adrenaline, or comparable pump.

oh, and Arisley will back me up on this one. LOL

if you get the later cup holder, it will be one of the absolute best mods you will ever do to your truck. you will go from a cup thrower, to a cup holder.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
a boneyard will have all the conversion parts you need to go from E99 to late 99+. you should be able to get it all for less than $250. iirc, i think it also involves up-pipes and the collector as well, though exhaust manifolds are the same. i did a truck last year, and i got plenums, spider, up-pipes, collector for $95, and the 38r just bolted on.

just matters how much time you want to spend looking.

which gets you into a 38r. not a t4, just a drop in charger for L99+, and if you push it hard, is good for 500hp, and will live a long happy life if your only aiming for ~450.

as for those injectors. the only real difference is capacity of the injector itself. same nozzle. the xxx/30 is 30% more flow than stock. the first number is capacity, the second number is nozzle size.

looking at what you decided on there, i'll wager there from 2 different companies?

if so, there probably the same injector mechanically, just one company machined just a tad further to get just a tad more capacity from it.

IIRC, and i might get corrected here, but i think the capacity number of the injector is rated as "this many CC's per 1000 shots of fuel". or in other words, at absolute max, in 1000 injection events, this injector will inject 180cc's of fuel. because 180cc's is 6oz's, which is half a pop can worth of volume, and the injector itself aint that big, lol.

some people like to have a little higher capacity than what their going to actually use, as their logic is rather than drain the injector and have the injector beat the hell outta itself on the inside cuz its dry, there will always be a little fuel left in it as a cushion.

on edit: this is kinda why i asked about what is it going to be used for, or what is the end goal for your truck. if you go the 38r route, your stuck with the 38r. you would then have to convert again to t4 if you ever wanted to upgrade in the future. the benefit of a t4 mount, is all the turbo options available for it, without really having to change anything. but if you dont have lofty goals for the truck, 38r's are very reliable, simple drop in after the cheap conversion, and everyone has one if there ever is a issue with it. and as was stated earlier, anyone with a obs will buy all your E99 parts, so you would be able to recoup some if not all the money you spent converting to L99, depending on what you spent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll sell you my 160/80's with 5000 miles, just made 410hp and 813ftlbs with nothing but tuning, exhaust, intake, regulated return, 500hp clutch, and a wicked wheel 2.

Latest posts

Members online