E99 to L99 Kit or piece?

Diesel X

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade and thinking about the Riraff kit for easiness. The question is can it be pieced together cheaper or is better just to get the whole kit? Also while apart thinking about F Rx,high flow fuel cvd fitting and high flow banjo fiiting . Anybody have any experience with this combo? Looking for a little in the towing and fun area. Not trying to go crazy just adding to upgrades.Do I need to get new tunes with this new combo?

Bluke

Reaction score
I personally would do this kit http://www.iratediesel.com/store/buy-online/?slug=product_info&products_id=156. Over the l99 conversion. Way more turbo options down the road. You could get the l99 setup cheaper if you find a junk yard spider, Dorman up pipes. But in the end your just stuck with a 38r if you want to go bigger.

As for the frx. It's good but se people have reported low fuel pressure. I can't confirm that though. The high flow fittings are ok but you can gut your stock fittings and achieve the same for free. The banjo bolts do nothing but take your money. I run similar kit to the quad feed kit from cncfabrication.com for my fuel setup. I built my own.

New tunes are not required.

Diesel X

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm I missing something or does that kit look like it comes with up pipes. What about the 360* thrust upgrade and billet wheel? Also the wastegate kit is 850$ extra, is it needed or good to have? What's the hp difference between the 38r and the s366?

Arisley

Reaction score
Banjo bolts are good, if you are building a custom fuel system. Otherwise gutted and bored stock fitting work well, even with bigger injectors. Instead of upgrading to a late '99 system, just jump directly to a T4 or T4i setup. A set of late '99 intakes aint' that much money.

Diesel X

Reaction score
It looks like I don't need the wastegate upgrade. Not running big enough injectors for it according to the web listing. Anyone with thoughts about that or the billet wheel and the 360* thrust upgrade?

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
The 360* seems to be a good idea, most that are rebuilding turbos are using the 360* kit.
The billet wheel I think is personal preference since there about a dozen different ones to get.

Latest posts

Members online