Early 6.7 with a 10 speed

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this done? Are there any kits out there yet? Would it make sense if a trans replacement was imminent anyways?

Just brainstorming a bit.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Not necessarily thinking cheaper, just thinking it might be an upgrade.

BrewTown

Reaction score
With how intertwined PCM BCM and TCMs are in the newer vehicles, I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would be done. Pre-6.7 a manual transmission PCM could be used with a stand alone TCM, but 6.7 wasn't used with a manual.

I wonder if there's a way to use medium duty parts? Didn't they have different combos? I may be wrong on that.

I also wonder if the PCM and TCM, possibly BCM need to be updated to the 10 speed parts. Basically meaning get a 10 speed donor and swap everything, or sell and buy a newer truck.

Just thinking out loud. I don't have 1st hand, I drive a 22 year old 7.3...🦕

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I’ve come to a similar conclusion. The hard parts are the easy part. The programming would be the hard part and with the way the tuning challenges are these days, probably damn near impossible. Maybe the medium duty path is the ticket?

The only way that I would consider this would be if I had a failed transmission and I was going to spend $5-7K for a replacement. Might as well spend a few more and get a Schwinn out of the deal.

I’m sure that someone out there has the capability to do the programming part, but likely a needle in a haystack.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you used the TCM, BCM,and ECM from a ten speed as well as the cluster I think it would work. But, that's a lot of if's

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I know of guys running 4r100s in 6.7s and using a pcs to control it. Jared at kill devil diesel was one of them. Not sure what they did as far as the programming went, but I do know that every light was on on the dash. He was using hp tuners to tune it, and I know for 6.0/6.4 stuff you can tell it it’s a manual, so that may have been what they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7Bison

Reaction score
There might be some resources from the 7.3L Godzilla swap community. I believe they use the same transmission in these trucks and for a while there was no real support from Ford for programming in the aftermarket. Safest bet would be to swap all the electronics, which at that point just upgrading trucks would be easier and cheaper.