early SDs w/ late model wheels

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive got these wheels, but before I spend more money, Im trying to figure out what my truck will look like with the 08-10 8 spoke 20s on it with the spacers and a 295/60 or 305/55 tire (like a terra grap). Its had 35", so I know they clear, but wanted to stay with a 33-34" tire. I could live with a 3100# rating because I dont ever have a heavy bed load.

Any pics of other setups like this?

mandkole

Reaction score
Veg,
Thanks-- Got anymore pics from down the side to show how far they stick out? Do you run the 2" spacers? I have the same wheel. Do you also have the front bumper shimmed out? Mine was set up the same way for the 35s.\

on edit, you have the 06 axles... nevermind on the spacers

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ill try and post pics of my 00 and 10 spoke 20s later this week.

You can kind of see them in my avatar.

mandkole

Reaction score
veg, are those the little molded flares on your truck? ive got those also, between the slight offset from the spacer and the wider tire Im hoping I can get them out to the edge of the flare.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If you want them to stick out a bit run a 2.5 spacer.

On an obs the center caps will not fit without a 2.5" spacer I believe it is. The centers will not fit with a 2" on an obs.

kanuck15

Reaction score
I should have said on my obs with 04 axles. I tried my 2 inch spacers last night and all I can say is I hope you guys are right. Cause the wheels I have now stick out a lot so the 05+ wheels hopefully bring it back in. I never thought about the fact an OBS has a narrower body than a SD so I might have a lot of tire hanging out

dsberman94

Reaction score
I should have said on my obs with 04 axles. I tried my 2 inch spacers last night and all I can say is I hope you guys are right. Cause the wheels I have now stick out a lot so the 05+ wheels hopefully bring it back in. I never thought about the fact an OBS has a narrower body than a SD so I might have a lot of tire hanging out

The 05+ wheels bring it back in a good amount. But think of it this way. The tire will be in 2 inches from where it is now.

Stroked383

Reaction score
I only have 17's but Ill get a pic when I get home. I put a dually axle under the rear after the last one ate itself and delt with the rears sticking out for a while. Then put these 17s on with 2 inch spacers upfront and they fit like stock now.

Damn work has photobucket blocked. Ill update when I get home tonight

mandkole

Reaction score
The late model wheel hub mount faces are offset out more than early SD wheels by about 1.6-1.7". The 2" spacer will put them out a 1/4" more than if the early SD wheel was on there. A old pic of one install I saw looked like it may be where I want it and the wider tire will be perfect. I wanted to see pics of down the truck side to get a better perspective.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
The OBS and 99-04 use 4.5" BS wheels, '05 up have 6" BS. So usually we recommend 2" spacers. We can get 1.5" or thicker whatever you need. PM me if I can help.

Stroked383

Reaction score
Well I thought I took some other pictures but I guess not, and it's covered in snow now. Hopefully I'll remember to take some down the side tomorrow.
086A0EA9-C8BB-4DB2-8F53-6A7ADC75AA28_zpsmu31gbqs.jpg

Hopefully these pics will work

mandkole

Reaction score
on the pics that I recall seeing of other wheels on spacers, the dial is about 1/2" or so behind the outer surface of the hub cap. A 1.75" spacer would be perfect (but requires some stud trimming).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.