EBP sensor on 2006 - how hard to get to and clean?

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Where is the EBP sensor located on my 2006 F250? I've been searching the web, and some say it's toward the front of the engine, and others say it's under the degas bottle. Anyone have something definitive?

I want to pull it out tonight and clean it up good as it could be causing my low boost issue. How quick can this be done?

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
Front of driver's side exhaust manifold. Sensor is connected to a tube going to the exhaust manifold.

78f100

Reaction score
:whs:
unscrew the tube from the manifold and the sensor off the end of the tube, I use brake clean to blow through the tube. Its easy to do maybe 30 min job in all.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can probably get at the sensor itself without removing anything, but taking some things out of the way will make it easier. I had an issue with mine where the sensor was going from full max to full min values and back and forth, and the turbo would shut down at cruising speed. Found out my wire harness going to the EPB was chaffed up pretty good.

indiana lineman

Reaction score
:whs:
unscrew the tube from the manifold and the sensor off the end of the tube, I use brake clean to blow through the tube. Its easy to do maybe 30 min job in all.

Just did mine this morning. Took out the air filter and reached up in there. A boat cushion works nice on the your body too.
Quoteing from above I also used a compressor to blow the tube out. Just used a piece of hose since I couldn't get the air to it. It was nasty in there, but I didn't get my desired result from cleaning it except now I know it's clean.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
If you're going to take te tube off, also look in the fitting that goes into the manifold. Have seen them plug up also.

Easiest way I found to clean the tube is put a piece of piano wire through it and tie a knot in one end. Pull the knot trough the tube.

TexasA&M

Reaction score
I ran some weed eater string through the tube to clean it out. I cranked the truck up with the sensor off and could feel a steady stream of exhaust coming out, so it seemed clear to me. Cleaned up the sensor and put it all back together. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my low boost problem, but I guess I can rule that out for sure now.

Latest posts

Members online