ebpv not fully cycling

Pstroke96

Reaction score
so today i take off for school, it functions as it always does stays on for about 5 seconds and shuts off, it sits all day at school, i go to leave and it sounds like it cycles completely i go down the road at light throttle and everything looks normal i get on it to get on the highway and the egt's climb way higher than normal and i cant get more than 8 lbs of boost, im pretty confident its the ebpv since it sounds just like it but at light throttle there is no different, so im pretty sure its only partly re opening, but settles open when i shut the truck off.
am i on the right path with this? also how do i un hook it? and when i un hook it, how do i make sure its totally open

thanks guys

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
To unhook it there is two wires that come from the ebpv on the pedestal. IIRC my plug was about dead center on the top edge of the driver's side valve cover. When the truck is shut-off just unplug it. It won't throw a check engine light or codes. When you restart the truck you wont hear it cycle. Mine has been unplugged for two years now and nothing out of the normal.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i unplugged the wire and started it up, it still wasnt fully open, i checked it out and i could effortlessly move the plate that the valve itself mounts too, it felt like it wasnt attached to anything, could it have come apart? also how will that cause a leak?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
well lets hope that takes a while i dont have time for pulling the turbo, so is there any way it could have came off the linkage?

Latest posts

Members online