ecm and ficm tune combination decision

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
Do you guys know if it matters if you load FICM tune first or ECM? And i saw where someone asked earlier and never got a response but someone posted that you want to run a mild FICM tune. Why is this?

Snoop

Reaction score
Return ECM to stock > Tune FICM > Tune ECM

Mild FICM Tune seems to be the best for daily drivers including towing. EGTs stay manageable compared to Hot FICM tune.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Ask Bill for the dyno data on my SRL file with all his popular FICM flashes.... I'm pretty sure past the 40hp is pointless and can actually hurt power in most cases.

C-TANE

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I don't like threads that leave you hanging... After a year of complaining that the D.I.Y. Updater didn't work IDP had me send them the tuner and they flashed it with inductive heating. I had a little snuffu loading it the first time but, after returning to stock and then flashing the FICM everything runs great now! I really like it but, should have spent the extra $50 for the PHP.

310K_stroker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I don't like threads that leave you hanging... After a year of complaining that the D.I.Y. Updater didn't work IDP had me send them the tuner and they flashed it with inductive heating. I had a little snuffu loading it the first time but, after returning to stock and then flashing the FICM everything runs great now! I really like it but, should have spent the extra $50 for the PHP.

I have the same strategy on my '05 Excursion and I can also attest to this. The only difference is that I went with PHP tuning instead of IDP.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I have the SPD on my truck now. Would getting a ficm tune or an upgraded ficm make that much of a difference in performance?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.