Economy Tune

Serial Fordicator

Reaction score
Now, I know nothing about tuning so bear with me. I was just wondering if anyone ever created a tune with less power than stock to get better economy (20+ mpg @ 70+ mph? Is it even possible? Power is great at times, but on long trips, economy would be better option for me and maybe others.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
At some point you will sacrifice mileage with less power. It takes X amount of HP to get and keep these pigs moving down the road.
A stock power deeleete tune would probably pick up several mpg at minimum just by eliminating regens.

torque beast

Reaction score
^^^whs. I have played with it 100 different ways and going for less power to get better mileage has never worked for me. Like he said it takes x amount of power to maintain a certain speed. My best mileage came from a power increase but was mainly because the tune was letting the engine run more efficient.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Like the others have said-hot tune, light foot. I have mine on Hot Street from GH that works best for me. I D P Hot Street also does the best for mileage. Thats just my experience...

Latest posts

Members online