Edge Evolution CS Race Tune 2015 F350

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I have had the cts insight on my 2015 since they came out with the update for them. We are about to down my dads 97 f350 and overhaul the good ole heui system with new hpop and some other little things and some turbo work and what not, so I stole his evolution cs and updated it. Installed it, set it on race tune and plugged my cts back in so I can have my big screen again. Took the truck for a little drive and WOW!:ford: I cannot wait to do the deletes to this truck, especially since it has now regened 3 times in less than 2 days since tuning it. Overall pretty impressive for just a emissions on tune. I have a dpf back exhaust in the mail so I can have a different look to the truck, and plan on doing just the dpf race pipe so it all just bolts in. New tires soon because I'm ripping lugs off the factory michelins in the rear now. They are looking rough and I'm almost to only 6k miles. LOVE the truck! Big jump from the obs scene!:naughty:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Tune and intake on mine made 480 to the wheels. Certainly an impressive jump considering it's packing a host of emissions equipment. I'll be bolting on a upgraded billet wheeled factory charger in a week or two. Really hoping it makes 500 and helps eliminate the need for more frequent regen cycles. We shall see!

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
That's awesome! Intake worth it? I was thinking about one. As the regens go, I can't wait till my regen cycles just end! :cool:

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Awesome.Yea man I almost bought an edge cts for my 15' but I'm trying to hold out for the delete tunes so I can get the emission crap off my truck.It seems everyone around here only has warranty work for the stupid sensors going out in the dpf system.
I think I'm gonna swap my S&B intake for No limits as well once I do all the deletes..
The Regen frequency was what I was worried about with the dpf on tunes.3 times in 2 days is crazy lol.My wife had a tendency to drive my truck around the time that it's gonna do a Regen and it always ends up with "Hey your truck said somthing about cleaning exhaust filter right before I parked and killed it" lol..

Charles

ftast350

Reaction score
Post that mention dpf deletes should be deleted......JUST KIDDING!! I cant wait to strip that junk off! Damn regen every 500 k's or so is brutal! I'm waiting on Spartan to get one out since they are the only ones attempting to make it so ford can not see the tuner.

sootie

Reaction score
Post that mention dpf deletes should be deleted......JUST KIDDING!! I cant wait to strip that junk off! Damn regen every 500 k's or so is brutal! I'm waiting on Spartan to get one out since they are the only ones attempting to make it so ford can not see the tuner.

huh??

any one that is good with IDS can see if the truck has been flashed or not. any time there is communication broken it sets a U code of some sort. while the truck is tuned it still shows a Ford engine file part number and tuners just modify the parameters inside a stock file. not sure what you mean...

ftast350

Reaction score
Not 100% sure how they do it but Spartan says they are untraceable to ford, this is if you've removed the tuning. May come up the same as if you've checked DTCs maybe. I'm not a tech I just know from a 6.4 owner (the old man) with spartan tuner that warranty has not been questioned. From what I've heard they are ex ford employees of some sort.

Last edited:

ftast350

Reaction score
Sync is at least part of the issue, and yes.....our intent it to keep things to where Ford would not be able to tell that it had been tuned.....as long as all factory components were re-installed and the stock tune was loaded back to the truck.***

Copied and pasted from my email conversation with them.**

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
They key thing is on any tuner, from my experience is making sure that whomevers programmer you are using, that is SAVES YOUR STOCK, FACTORY strategy codes.

My list of ones that do, Spartan, and Eric at Innovative Diesel, most likely others that custom tune using SCT software.

Ones that don't last I talked with them, some as recent as the last couple weeks.

Banks, Edge/Superchips, H&S, Bully Dog.

I ran into issues a couple years ago with H&S and the dealers IDS almost going nuclear over miss matched/ wrong strategy codes that H&S put back on.

pwrov1

Reaction score
Looking at maybe getting the Edge Evolution or just the Insight. Any updates on how the Evolution tunes are working out now?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.