Edge Insight..... Well, insight?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a monitor. How well do these display pids with the 7.3?

Any regrets?

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Not a huge 7.3 expert but I just found this on a quick google search from Powerstroke Nation... Hope this helps

"Here's the PID list as it comes out of the box from Edge:

7.3L OBS -
Barometric Pressure
Battery Voltage
Boost Pressure (Accurate to the limits of the MAP sensor)
Commanded Gear
Engine Oil Temp
Engine RPM
Exhaust Gas Temp (with additional thermocouple)
Injection Control Pressure
Injection Pressure Regulator
Injector Pulse Width
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Abs Pressure
Output Shaft Speed
TC Lockup
Throttle Position
Trans Fluid Temp
Trans Gear Position
Vehicle Speed (Actual)
Vehicle Speed (Corrected)

7.3L S/D -
Barometric Pressure
Battery Voltage
Boost Pressure (Accurate to the limits of the MAP sensor)
Commanded Gear
Engine Oil Temp
Engine RPM
Exhaust Gas Temp (with additional thermocouple)
Injection Control Pressure
Injection Pressure Regulator
Injector Pulse Width
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Abs Pressure
Output Shaft Speed
TC Lockup
Throttle Position
Trans Fluid Temp
Trans Gear Position
Vehicle Speed (Actual)
Vehicle Speed (Corrected)

"

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we have sold and installed these on a lot of 7.3s. From what we hear across the board they very user friendly, and our customers love the option of changing the gauges and the expandability of the unit. We are also running a special on these if you interested in pricing.

personally I run one in both 6.0s and love em. Both CTS and CS.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I've been running one on my 6.4 and they work awesome. We sell a ton of them for Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstrokes alike. With the EAS expandable system, you can add pressure sensors, egt probe, and 5v accessories to it (aftermarket lighting etc.). Plus they have a backup camera available for them. They're awesome little units. If your running a TS chip and do their Informant 6 monitor, all of the EAS accessories available for the CTS will work on those as well.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Thanks guys/gal.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm getting it at cost, I just wanted to know how well it displays and reads data.

Rupp250

Reaction score
Another thing I like about it that has not been mentioned is the ability to read and clear codes on the fly.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat but feel like just buying an egt gauge since Torque has the ability to do everything else I want. Will need to get a boost gauge if I upgrade the injectors though as the MAP sensor will be maxed out. I have been successful in scanning and clearing codes on my truck using Cargauge Pro. Also successfully performed buzz test and CCT with it too. It is real hard for me to justify over 400 dollars just to see EGT's and do other things that I can already do with my phone.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat but feel like just buying an egt gauge since Torque has the ability to do everything else I want. Will need to get a boost gauge if I upgrade the injectors though as the MAP sensor will be maxed out. I have been successful in scanning and clearing codes on my truck using Cargauge Pro. Also successfully performed buzz test and CCT with it too. It is real hard for me to justify over 400 dollars just to see EGT's and do other things that I can already do with my phone.
Meh, its not illegal to have a cts....looking at your phone while.driving on.a.road.here is a sure ticket....

ja_cain

Reaction score
That blows! I think it's ok to have your phone mounted on the dash or windshield but don't quote me on that. Need to check into that one just in case.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.