Edge insight

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Going to pull the trigger and order an insight to monitor a few things on my 14'. One of the main reasons I've decided to install the insight is so I can keep track of my regen. Just wondering in order to monitor things like the regen process and the EGTs what all do I need to order with the insight. And if I'm correct the insight will tell you when the regen has begun and when it ends correct? No more guessing by fuel mileage if it's finished or not? Because I watch my fuel mileage guage after the cleaning exhaust filter message pops but the fuel mileage has never moved a lick ever on my truck. Just wondering who is running the insight what are y'all monitoring and what else should I need
Thanks guys

knaffie

Reaction score
You don't need to order anything with it. Make sure you call them and tell them which vehicle you have then do the software update while it's connected to your computer. You want their latest program for your vehicle loaded up.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I've been using DPF Soot Concentration to see when regens should start. There will be a small red light (simulated) appear when the regen starts up top of the Insight display. I usually know ahead of time due to watching the PID I mentioned.

As the regen runs it's course the DPF Soot Concentration drops. Once at a certain level the regen stops and the small red light goes away. My experiences have shown the PID to be a reliable indicator for impending regens.

Latest posts

Members online