Efuel...best parts to use?

97Powerstroke Boy

Reaction score
Hey everyone....still working on putting together an Efuel settup for my truck. Want it to be reliable and doing stage 1 injectors, but want room to grow in the future. Want to know a good regulator, pump, lines and fittings to use. Also would a sump be a good idea? Thanks in advance!

Sean

jwlandry

Reaction score
Aermotive or fuel lab regulator
Superduty factory pump. They are made by Bosch.
For the lines just make sure they are diesel rated and will hold the pressure.
I'd go JIC for the fittings. They require nothing special when using them. Just put em together and tighten them up.

I'm in the process of doing mine right now. I'm doing the plumbing under the truck so that if I ever want to i can run 2 pumps instead of one.

old man dave

Reaction score
It would also be helpful to know just how much you want to grow after the stageIs. Theres a difference in planning on 375hp and 500 or 600hp

Strokersace

Reaction score
Call Marty, he'll get you set up with whatever you need. He's got mounting plates cut that are universal to any pump you wanna use. (a1000, Walboro, dual stock) Just add a pump and filter housings.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums...8-9E34-E05B62284816-8761-00000ACCC80C46F7.jpg

That has got to be the cleanest off the shelf setup I've seen to date. I built my entire system cause I didn't like how most were setup - big loops of hoses all over the place etc. Mine might be spread out on the frame more than others but its clean and could pass for factory.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score

neverkickn

Reaction score
I wish someone would make a fuel system that mounted to the top of the frame so that the filters are tucked in better. Other than that, that kit looks fantastic.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Heres another option if you wanted to go with SD pumps.
2012-04-29_14-03-27_592.jpg

Marty

Reaction score
I wish someone would make a fuel system that mounted to the top of the frame so that the filters are tucked in better. Other than that, that kit looks fantastic.

These fuel systems show the most on old body style trucks. They stick down no more than 5 inches below the frame rail, therefore only 2 inches of it is visible from the outside the body. When mounted in front of the rear tire it is still higher than the bottom of the frame rail at the front of the truck. However you can flip the mounting bracket and Mountain on the top of the frame rail, it is a harder install but it will put the filters two inches higher. I did this on a lowered truck, and the filters did not hang down as low as the transmission crossmember.

A1000 is 1450 shipped with aluminum bracket. Soon I'll go back to the stainless steel brackets and the price will return to 1550.

Marty

Reaction score
20121227_133907.jpg

20121227_133919.jpg

20121227_133927.jpg

This one is mounted in a standard position. Like stated earlier if the bracket is flipped, they would sit 2" higher.

Marty

Reaction score
20120905_113829.jpg

I use Walbro pumps, they sell for $1150 shipped. Alternatively you can purchase the kit without the pump (if you already have a super duty pump) for $1050.

Also if you have a regulated return already I can attach to that, and reduce the price another $3-400.

neverkickn

Reaction score
These fuel systems show the most on old body style trucks. They stick down no more than 5 inches below the frame rail, therefore only 2 inches of it is visible from the outside the body. When mounted in front of the rear tire it is still higher than the bottom of the frame rail at the front of the truck. However you can flip the mounting bracket and Mountain on the top of the frame rail, it is a harder install but it will put the filters two inches higher. I did this on a lowered truck, and the filters did not hang down as low as the transmission crossmember.

A1000 is 1450 shipped with aluminum bracket. Soon I'll go back to the stainless steel brackets and the price will return to 1550.

That is pretty slick. If I hadn't already fabbed a bracket for my filters, I would be all over that. It looks like it could be mounted inside the frame rail if one where so inclined. Is that the case?

Marty

Reaction score
Yes, If you have a 2wd or a ccsb, cclb, exlb.

Kits come with everything. On most kits no factory part of the fuel system is used.

PsRumors

Reaction score
Wanting my filters not to be seen and to be located above the bottom of the frame rail I mounted the post pump filter in the fender well of the bed.

IMG_3917_zps7477c388.jpg

Will be replacing the rubber hose with braided and still trying to find a sD plug to wire in.

IMG_3920_zpsc3b81994.jpg

DZL JIM

Reaction score
STD cab mounting sucks..... no where else to go tho..

For OBS (like picured above): Get rid of the front tank and put a F26E 38 gallon tank in the rear. Plenty of room for the fuel stuff where old front tank was and you have almost as much fuel capacity as oem. Plus you get rid of selector valve, can sump it, etc, just a nicer, cleaner set-up.