Efuel...best parts to use?

jwlandry

Reaction score
For OBS (like picured above): Get rid of the front tank and put a F26E 38 gallon tank in the rear. Plenty of room for the fuel stuff where old front tank was and you have almost as much fuel capacity as oem. Plus you get rid of selector valve, can sump it, etc, just a nicer, cleaner set-up.

This is on my to do list. I'm not the biggest fan of the selector valve.

m j

Reaction score
I do not see the point of running a huge pump like a1000 unless you replace all the lines on the suction side, or sump the tank.
that big pump is not going to like pulling through a 3/8 pickup.
a1000 seems like overkill when the head only has 1/8npt fittings to feed.

I am going to try using an in tank pump in a bronco tank and see if I can discover the pitfalls.
I have an aeromotive 11142. just have to fab the support and find a wiring pigtail WPT454 to complete the tank install

m j

Reaction score
I didnt find a 044 cheaper then I can get a 11142 for locally. paid $175 this time plus the aeromotive is cool colours :) real important for an in tank pump

Marty

Reaction score
I do not see the point of running a huge pump like a1000 unless you replace all the lines on the suction side, or sump the tank.
that big pump is not going to like pulling through a 3/8 pickup.
a1000 seems like overkill when the head only has 1/8npt fittings to feed.

I am going to try using an in tank pump in a bronco tank and see if I can discover the pitfalls.
I have an aeromotive 11142. just have to fab the support and find a wiring pigtail WPT454 to complete the tank install

On trucks that use big injectors, stock style pumps do not keep up, regardless of the port size in the head. For example, a single walbro do as good as dual stock pumps. But dropping to 15 psi of fuel pressure at WOT is not what I'd call adequate. Changing nothing, but going from a Walbro to an A1000 and the fuel pressure stays at 60-70 psi, whichever I set it to. Yes, both had the same 5/8" feed and 1/2" outlet with dual 3/8" lines split from it.

m j

Reaction score
On trucks that use big injectors, stock style pumps do not keep up, regardless of the port size in the head. For example, a single walbro do as good as dual stock pumps. But dropping to 15 psi of fuel pressure at WOT is not what I'd call adequate. Changing nothing, but going from a Walbro to an A1000 and the fuel pressure stays at 60-70 psi, whichever I set it to. Yes, both had the same 5/8" feed and 1/2" outlet with dual 3/8" lines split from it.

my in tank aeromotive died :( personally I think it doesnt like diesel but aeromotive doesnt seem to agree. I run one on my crownvic on gasoline

redoing fuel with an a1000
aeromotive keeps saying a deadhead system is what they want me to run, a 4 port feed?
pondering it.

I have assembled a similar style filter pump setup as what you have in this thread. -10jic couplers on fb1311 bases

currently I have DI fittings in the back of the heads so the only restriction is the 1/8 npt at the front of the heads to the regulator.
is the reg the greatest restriction or the two 1/8npt?
I can do the return in 3/8 or 1/2 hardline but i think I need to pull the reg apart to see if there is any reason to go huge on the return

a bender for 5/8 hardline is $$, still havent aquired one, the 1/2 was $170

Marty

Reaction score
We have had zero issues on OUR A-1000's that we supply, once you do that... I am sure all of your problems will go away.

As long as you have 3/8" going into the heads you will be good to go. Make the fittings/lines however you want. Stainless, braided, pushlock etc....

Latest posts

Members online