egr delete help

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Depends on how much you lose.
Primary Cooling System Capacity27.8L (29.4 qts.)Powertrain Secondary Cooling System Capacity 11.1L (11.7 qts.)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Jesse_01

Reaction score
The6.7LPowerStroke®diesel engine has two separate cooling systems:

•The engine cooling system,called the primary or high temperature cooling system,

•The power train secondary cooling system, a low temperature system which cools the Charge Air Cooler(CAC), fuel cooler, EGR cooler and transmission oil cooler.

Both systems flow through the radiator.

Last edited:

Mpoage

Reaction score
If the truck isn't all that old I would just re-use it. There's a drain on the driver side of the radiator. If you don't drain it then it will make a huge mess when you pull the egr cooler off of the valve cover. Don't ask me how I know. Lol

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i didnt drain any of mine just pulled the egr and it went everywhere but ur gonna lose that anyways after i cut the hoses and everything i lost like 2 gallons

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
Yeah but if u were to drain the coolant it's a lot at least what I read it is a lot ! and that bottom hose on the radiator u have to pull is a mother f***er I ended up cuttin it and puttin a barbed fitting in it and the hose for the sinister kid as it wasn't long enough either

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I just did one with draining it into a 5 gal out of the rad. We ended up with more coolant than we needed.

Reused the coolant by siphoning it out of the pale back in.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Buy 3 gallons of ford orange concentrated coolant. Then mix 50-50 with distilled water only. After running the truck a few times. You will need almost all of it to refill. That's with draining both radiators.

Latest posts

Members online