EGR Delete Problems

Vawter

Reaction score
I recently finally started tearing down to do an egr delete on my 06 F250. It really hasn't been a smooth process, but I have managed to struggle through it all until I got to actually taking the egr out. I removed all of the intake bolts on the passenger side, and loosened all the ones on the drivers side as the instructions say. I have also removed the 3 bolts that go through the fan shroud to the intake. I still cannot get the intake to hardly wiggle, and I definitely can't get it to move enough to wiggle the egr out. Is there something that I am missing? I have read and reread the instructions I don't know how many times. Really need to get the truck back on the road so any help would be greatly appreciated.

webb06

Reaction score
Did you unbolt the 2 bolts towards the front holding the egr cooler to the intake? And loosen the clamp at the rear of the egr cooler?

Vawter

Reaction score
Yeah the bolts are out and the clamp and up pipe are completely removed. I can move the EGR cooler around a lot, but I do not have enough clearance to slide it out from under the intake. Thanks!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Have you removed the hard line coming from the front cover that bolts to the manifold under the alternator? Also have you unbolted the fuel line bracket that is on the front of the manifold? Also, just asking because we don't have a visual, but I assume you have removed the fuel and oil filter housing, there is one bolt under there as well that you may not be able to see?

Vawter

Reaction score
No I have not removed the fuel and oil filter housing, in the instructions I got from sinister they do not say anything about removing this. I assume that bolt is what is holding me back. Thank you very much, hoping that takes care of my problem! Am I going to have to remove the filter housing to get to this bolt then?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
No I have not removed the fuel and oil filter housing, in the instructions I got from sinister they do not say anything about removing this. I assume that bolt is what is holding me back. Thank you very much, hoping that takes care of my problem! Am I going to have to remove the filter housing to get to this bolt then?

yes, unfortunately you will. I would also consider doing a new oil cooler since you will have the manifold just about off the truck, I would also definitely do the blue springs as well while your in there.

Vawter

Reaction score
When I bought the truck a few months ago the dealership had done a bunch of work to it, and the report they gave me said that they had replaced the oil cooler so I am hoping that I won't have any problems with it. Blue spring was done right away when I bought it so I am good there. Thanks for all your guys help, hopefully tonight after work I will be able to finally get it out and start reassembling everything. It has been quite a bigger job than I was expecting.

03_PSD

Reaction score
lol very true. I'm also in the middle of egr delete along with oil cooler replacement. lots of parts have to come off to do this. very very involved.

ford rules

Reaction score
Once you do it a few times it's not bad. First time I pulled a turbo it took me literally 10 hrs at work. After owning my 6.0 I can now remove and install in about 2 hrs total.

Latest posts

Members online