Egr delete ??

06/6.0

Reaction score
So y'all think a egr delete would be hard for a rookie to the diesel game and dose anybody have some tips on doing one or a egr delete for dumbies haha thanks in advanced:blitzed:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
IMO its a PITA unless you have a full garage with a lift. Im no stranger to wrenching and love doing my own work but i didnt even try. Too much crap involved, for me anyways. A lot of guys have done it in their home garage with success. It all depends on your tool stash and abilities.

Egr delete for dummies = look at the motor and think real hard if you wanna try and get down in the valley. Then look again at all the **** that needs to be removed and put back together. Then decide. Lol

webb06

Reaction score
Definitely don't need a lift. But it takes 8-10 hours for me if I remove the intake and clean it, and clean the turbo as well. I also wrench on power strokes daily just for reference

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I figured it would take me around 16 hours, so that means it would be more like 20 and with most of that spent bent over the fenders and radiator i quickly said fak that noise and dropped it off at a shop. Lol
Had the heads and stuff done at the same time anyways and there was deff no way i was pulling heads myself.

Latest posts

Members online