EGT, normal range?

obs7.3

Reaction score
even with just the stock turbo and baby swamps?
i guess i need to research some more. I knew the probe was meant for the manifold but like i said before there was a probe hole drilled in the dp when i bought the truck so i didn't mess with it because i wanted to get the oil leaks fixed and then time went by and i was procrastinating on putting new manifolds on but now i can't take the sound anymore so as soon as I get the $$$ their going on.
someone told me a while ago that 1400 is when the aluminum will start melting on these engines. any justification to that statement?

baderic03

Reaction score
huh i have hit 1800 my motor is still intact and i run a 2000* gauge so i know if i push it farther it dont matter stock turbo or not egt is egt if you have the fuel or loaded and hammering on it it will climb

obs7.3

Reaction score
now you've got me real curious.
i don't do a whole lot of towing or anything with mine. usually the only thing i tow is a little boat and on occasion an open car trailer.

baderic03

Reaction score
put the probe in the manifold and go play and watch your egts its about 300-400* diff from down pipe to manifold

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I might have small injectors in mine, cause with the TS it smokes more than my buddies that had the same TS on his. A new hpop wouldn't make it smoke more right?

Latest posts

Members online