Element Injection 6.4 Triple Build

sootie

Reaction score
Ruled out the lag being associated to the wastegates. Now I'm tryin to find a boost leak. Doesn't seem to build boost past 20-30psi. Plus even with a stock dpf delete tune loaded up it smokes like crazy. Something is ***ked and I'm getting irritated lol. Builds boost like a big single... It's pretty bad.

Spray.

Kind

Reaction score
Naw... I've read contradicting ideas that it's ok to run without a maf sensor... Turns out they run ok, idle around ok... But after that they are a giant turd.

I was reading last night and talking with a few friends... Found out that little sensor controls soooo much lol. That's what I get for being a dumbass lol.

Not that I was trying to get away without running one, but my custom air filter weren't gonna be here till today so I was waiting for those to properly design the intakes.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Anyone on here that has briefly run without one, or one unplugged have said their trucks were very laggy, smokey, not very responsive. It does control a lot and I think all that had them off put them back on

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Fwiw almost none of us here have run a MAF sensor and have had no difference in spoolup on multiple trucks

Elliott

Reaction score
I was wondering what you had up your sleeve as far as an intake/filter setup. With the atmos being mounted so close to the front, doesn't leave you with many options- lol. No expert here, but if the MAF wasn't hooked up, wouldn't it throw the PCM into a default limp mode or at minimum, make the truck run like crap as Ryan said a few post prior. Just wondering if someone has ever had tuning written to not receive inputs from the MAF and just relied from some preset tables? Just a question....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You unplug it and turn the codes associated off. If you run it without the sensor I believe it won't fuel at all or not much

Kind

Reaction score
I understand, how come you guys decided on running open housings. They tend to spool like dik

Housing... The atmos don't receive any divided pulse to matter if they are divided housings lol:poke:

Honestly tho, that was Bill@Bullseye that did that and my misunderstanding regarding some of his initial questions. If I had to do it again I would do a divided housing on my hp turbo. Overall that was my mistake.

I was wondering what you had up your sleeve as far as an intake/filter setup. With the atmos being mounted so close to the front, doesn't leave you with many options- lol. No expert here, but if the MAF wasn't hooked up, wouldn't it throw the PCM into a default limp mode or at minimum, make the truck run like crap as Ryan said a few post prior. Just wondering if someone has ever had tuning written to not receive inputs from the MAF and just relied from some preset tables? Just a question....

We are keeping them separate. Two custom filters from S&B. The lower turbo has a 90* bend around the coldside ic pipe and points down and towards the passenger fender... The higher turbo has a 180* bend and the filter faces towards the cab. The maf is located in the latter. The filters that were suppose to show up today but did not... UPS sucks. So I decided to wrap the open end of the intakes with outerwear's for the brief time being. I'm nowhere that it's dusty and it's been raining so I'm ok with it.

Without the maf in place the truck would run ok but couldn't pull it's self around very well. Now that it is plugged in it is running much better!! I still need to adjust the voltage to compensate for the other intake tho. That should improve spool even more.

Overall the truck ran flawlessly on the 4 hour drive home! I'm so happy with the work that everyone involved helped with!! Those guys can build beautiful custom setups!! First Rob's now mine!

Now it's up to me to tune it or get someone to tune it, install a higher stall tc and adjust my cross-over waste gate to get the most out of the system. At the moment it is more smokey then I'd like. Although the higher the tune I went the less smoke it produced. I wish I could have it tuned live but that is costly being so far away from the tuner guys.

Thanks again to DIRTY DIESEL AND AFFILIATES, ELITE DIESEL, BULLSEYE POWER, NO LIMIT AND MY EMPLOYESS... Who without their help my company would make the money it does so I can afford to have fun.

Once it has stopped raining I will take some show-off pics and vids for you all.

Kind

Reaction score
Also....... ...... ............. ........... The sound of those turbos is addicting. Coolest turbo music I've ever heard in person.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Yea lol I meant on the hp turbo mtu bad

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Elliott

Reaction score
That's great to hear Ryan. Under the hood is a work of art, awesome fab skills and craftsmanship. Glad to hear it's running down the road and heading back to your place. Interested to hear how she runs when you get a higher stall converter and some different tuning loaded.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Looks like you may be running trips all alone. About ready to pull the plug on my whole frekin nightmare.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I was pissed off this morning and was going to yank it. It is ok, atmo ate a seal and so did another when further tuning it. Hopefully a differently designed oil drain will solve that, and the solid lifters are still not in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.