elite 72mm atmo

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Ya, had it but just can't crack, in a write up I read the guy went under the pipe, but I just can't get enough leverage there either, but its not trying to round off either..

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Ya I tried that, I'm taking a break, my arms were already blown out from work, I cant lift them very high at the moment. I can't get the part made to fix the actuator until tomorrow anyways.

Wayne

Reaction score
I actually had to do one with a little heat when it wouldn't cooperate. Using a mirror, guide a butane torch back in there, and heat up the head of the frozen bolt, If you get it nice, and warm, you should be good to go.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
They are a pain in the ass to get man, but have faith in yourself bud. Take a break for a little bit when you get tired of it and then try it agian. I was ready to call it the first time I did mine as well. You will get it. I have faith man.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Definitely taking a break, I'll get back at it in a bit. After 4 hours this morning I was done. Using lots of anti seize on them when they go back in. Got some mil spec stuff rated to 1600°. They don't have anything on them now, probably why they are soo stuck.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
They will not come loose, about to go buy a dremel and flex head and grind them off. That will only happen if I can't get help Monday. Or might put it back together and have a laggy truck for a week.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The HP has to come out to fix the actuator piece that broke. I messed with trying to split them but I can't get them up off the pins. The tie downs came off super easy too. I'm thinking of getting the up pipes loose at the manifold end and seeing if I can get it lift all together. The separate the two then.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I could get to them a bunch of different ways, just can't get them to break. The heads are starting to round off. Thanks for the ideas, I have tried the ones I could. I have spent like 6 hours on those 2 bolts to no success. It would be nice if they put a bigger head on those bolts.

Blowby

Reaction score
I'm doing mine as we speak. I found that constant PB blaster and 1/4 socket 5mm 6 point to twist off a smidge spray, on a smidge, spray, off a smidge, spray, on a midge....this helps wick the penetrating oil into the threads. I took a bunch of pictures so I'll post about it when I get the damn HP oil drain to line up (nothing to pry against to move the charger forward). Taking a dinner break so I feel your frustration.

Latest posts

Members online