ELite Fuel Bowl Delete/air dog upgrade

Reaction score
Has anyone done an elite air dog upgrade/fuel bowl delete and fuel block(ON A 6.4). i just have some questions about it. Doing one at the shop, our first one and just needed a lil input. Thanks yall. KEEP STROKIN!!!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Basically, it allows you to pump low pressure fuel directly to the high pressure pump. Takes the fuel bowl/regulator out of the equation.

What questions do you have? Pm me if you need.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Here is some info Wayne gave me on mine, it helped me out, post 96&98 http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14430&page=10
To clarify....
2012-03-19_13-02-10_592.jpg

hopefully this helps. when the airdog is installed, you pretty much need to max out the regulator on the airdog base, then nearly max out the aeromotive regulator. optimum desired Elite spec. PSI is 15 at the aeromotive regulator pressure test port. The airdog might not quite produce it. The truck this pic was taken on only put out 14, but that's fine. The two lines going to the frame rail need to be routed behind the L engine mount similarly routed to the factory solid lines that get removed. You may need to trim the heat shield under the LP turbo for the injection pump line to clear. Feel free to ask any more questions. I'll do my best to help.

supply line from airdog: main line entering top of junction block w/ 90* fitting

return line to tank: line at base of aeromotive regulator w/ 90* fitting attached

Line from fuel cooler: enters side of regulator

double male ORB fitting: connects rear of junction block to side port of regulator

injection pump supply line: connects to pass. side of junction block.

NOT PICTURED: quick connect fittings attach fuel supply and return lines to factory supply & return lines near L engine mount between mount & block.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
not buying it,however i am building a bowl delete,with reg return.

78f100

Reaction score
Lol J.D. you need to skip lunch today and write an install page out to include with the kit.

I second that...lol
its not bad at all but I had never even seen one before mine, with the pics and info Wayne posted it was easy, once I knew what it should look like.

dstryr

Reaction score
Skip lunch: Check. Lol probably not gonna get instructions done, though.
Lol...you guys make good parts and have great products and ideas but it really blows as a customer to spent $600 on a bag of fittings and hose and not even get some instructions... :poke:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Not to be ignorant but why sell it if you don't have instructions? You guys put the kit together so it can't be that hard to jot some down and print em out.

Haven't had the time to get a set of instructions worth putting together, together. For the most part, people get them installed without much trouble.

Latest posts

Members online