elite or diesel dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
I know our front pump runs in reverse. As mentioned before, with our kit, the added pump can actually be disabled by removing the belt, and plugging the lines. The truck will then run as if the twin kit were never there. This can help a ton if you ever have an injection pump problem that needs diagnosed. I don't believe the others have that option. This also influenced us in designing the kit the way we did.

B585Ford

Reaction score
With the pump you bought and it grenaded

Like I said my preferance should have nothing to do with it. I did win DPC and will back all products on my truck. They worked great for ME, not saying they will for you. For this years DPC all caution was thrown out the window cause I want to repeat. I am competitive as hell and will not accept 2nd.

Thatta boy!!!!

Reaction score
This thread is pretty full of whiners, complainers, and blame givers, but it looks like after you sift through all the bs, there are a lot of good points made, and well thought-out comments. Based on the information given, a guy who knows nothing about the kits before hand can skip over the retarded posts and see what really is offered, and the value of what each kit includes. Is there room for improvement in each kit available? Yeah, I think so. As we get time, we will address those points on our products.

A lot of what is going on in this thread boils down to opinion, and here's mine: I personally believe the Elite kit is the superior product, but for a lot of people, the added price to have it done our way is not worth it. I'm not here to point out flaws, or criticize our competitors based on what I see as inferiorities. The intelligent customer can draw their own conclusion. I do see aspects of all twin pump kits available I wish we could tie into our own, but can't based on design & cost limitations, while still maintaining our quality standard.

I certainly do appreciate our competitors not doing complete knock-offs, as we were the first with a successful production unit, and the only one for quite some time. All available twin pump kits IMO are different enough that the way I see it, each company can call their own. We've been the first to market on a lot of things, especially with the 6.4, but that doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to produce similar products. If we cared enough, we would patent things, and use legal action to protect ourselves. We especially saw it coming when we released our 6.4 EGR delete and wastegate kits. If it's simple enough, everybody will do it.

On a side note in regard to our customer service I would like to point out a couple things. #1- it can be difficult to contact us at times, and I apologize for that. #2- I return every single PM I receive. I also call back every single person who leaves at message at my extension (105) if I miss their call. If you're having trouble getting through the general sales line, try me. BTW, I'm only on the phones 3 hrs a day, spending the rest of the day in the shop, so yeah, it's a challenge. There may be an occasional message I forget, or overlook, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. It's not intentional.

I should also point out that a lot of our parts require quite a bit of technical expertise. (as do the other twin pump kits mentioned in this thread) I know there are complaints out there about people trying to get a hold of us. there is definitely room for improvement, but there are many more success stories than complaints. When we do have dissatisfied customers, we do our best to remedy the situation. We actually sell a pretty large amount of these kits, and a lot of the time we spend on the phones is used taking care of customers needing tech support installing something like this. There are a lot of joe-blow diesel service shops out there that buy our stuff, and have unqualified guys needing a lot of help to make this stuff work. You can't just hire some punk off the street, and expect him to be able to successfully help a guy in this situation with most of the parts we sell. I don't know how other manufacturers handle it, but unless the guy is flat-out stupid, and in way over his head (in which case we recommend they take it to someone qualified), we will take the time to coach people through this stuff. I hope at least a few of the things I mentioned can help people decide which kit is for them as that's the intention of my post. To the OP, sorry for the partial derail. Carry on.

Wayne, I now have a lot more respect for you. I am glad you didn't come out guns blazing. That there was a very good post. I hope that everyone in the diesel community can just realize that yes there is only so many "new" products and all the rest are different renditions or copies to either improve design or cost of a product. Last I looked we live in America where capitalism is the rule of our economy. What that means is someone makes a product first they get the initial share, then someone improves it and competes for price or quality against the other. However it may rub someone raw its just the way America works and that's why our country is great!

Wayne

Reaction score
Excellent post

Wayne, I now have a lot more respect for you. I am glad you didn't come out guns blazing. That there was a very good post. I hope that everyone in the diesel community can just realize that yes there is only so many "new" products and all the rest are different renditions or copies to either improve design or cost of a product. Last I looked we live in America where capitalism is the rule of our economy. What that means is someone makes a product first they get the initial share, then someone improves it and competes for price or quality against the other. However it may rub someone raw its just the way America works and that's why our country is great!
Thanks guys. I really try to not come across as a jerk, but my wife has reminded me many times that I need to be more tactful. Believe it or not, I'm working on that. So long as nobody that matters attacks me or who I represent I try to keep it nice. I also want to say thanks to all those who said nice things about our kit. We sure try to make it nice.

Hopefully this thread will die now that it's gone in circles about a billion times.
Maybe that's just my wishful thinking though.:shrug:

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Imo just because something is the first one or done a certain way does not make it the only way. I agree it has to take lots of $ and r&d to come out with a new product and I am glad Elite spends so much time doing that. I also cant see how any other kit offered is a copy of Elite they are totally different, same end result but different.

Chad@EDP makes a lot of good points, however none of these kits are a copy of the other. Look at the Duramax and Cummins dual cp3 kits, they are all pretty dang similar, who was the original?

So you must be saying that every company that came out with a product after another is copying and is wrong? How many ways are there to make an INTAKE ELBOW? How about a CAC pipe, ported intake manifold, egr deletes, all many things that quite honestly are way more similar, and harder to make different then the two dual fuel kits that are above mentioned. How many ways are there to make a few plates to delete egr coolers or how many different bends can you honestly have in a CAC pipe to call it different and make it your own? The fact that one company makes it, then the next guy bends one up and makes it shiny isnt a "cut copy and paste"?.... Almost the only thing that is the same with these two kits is the fact that they boy use a K16 pump... Lines are different, harnesses are different, belt routing is different, brackets and mounting locations are different........ So you cant quite say its a "cut, copy, and paste" of Elites. But if you want to point the finger at him and say hes a copy cat, then you need to point the finger at every other company that didnt come out with a similar product first.

And the fact that a comany has a do research and development is no excuse for poor communication, or the cases where they have held customers money for months on end with no product delivery.... I can recall quite a few threads in the past of people saying they bought this, or paid for that and 8 months later were still sitting empty handed.... RCD im sure does plenty of R&D and Jared and others have answered the phone and returned messages within a few hours, which is why if I need something I wouldnt hesitate to call them.

Totally missed the intent of my post. Look at the track record of anything he has ever sold and labeled as his own.

Wayne hit the topic perfect especially with the quality, clean install, and craftsmanship points.

I am dipping out of the topic.

black6.4

Reaction score
Hilly bash thread care if I join? Why so much hate? Because he could do the things you couldn't? copy paste? Lol that's funny btw, wasn't he the one who got that red pulling truck to run you initially had your hands in and were unable to get to run properly?How about parts that were payed for and not installed? Quote me if I'm wrong but want he the first to get a dual fueled 6.4 to run? As far as the testing and making future products goes how are your heads working out? They just don't work huh...last time I was at your shop you were testing Nerf bars and turbos on snowmobiles and utvs of your friends, nothing diesel related in your dads buisness with your one bay on the end cut the crap and get over it all three kits work guys pick one that you feel interests your needs,I did no complaints it does what its supposed to

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
he was not the first to get a dual fueled 6.4 to run. but that red truck ran damn good.

Wayne

Reaction score
Hilly bash thread care if I join? Why so much hate? Because he could do the things you couldn't? copy paste? Lol that's funny btw, wasn't he the one who got that red pulling truck to run you initially had your hands in and were unable to get to run properly?How about parts that were payed for and not installed? Quote me if I'm wrong but want he the first to get a dual fueled 6.4 to run? As far as the testing and making future products goes how are your heads working out? They just don't work huh...last time I was at your shop you were testing Nerf bars and turbos on snowmobiles and utvs of your friends, nothing diesel related in your dads buisness with your one bay on the end cut the crap and get over it all three kits work guys pick one that you feel interests your needs,I did no complaints it does what its supposed to

Why so much hate, and then you spend the rest of your long winded post doing your best to disrespect him? Remind me to never do business with you if we ever meet. ...and mike is right. Bryan Garey's truck was the first truck to successfully run dual pumps. April 2010 for the record. That truck did 135 in the quarter on a mid 11 because we couldn't get it to shift quick enough.

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
LMFAO GOOD ONE!! :eek:fftopic But I will fill in and correct.

Hilly bash thread care if I join? Why so much hate? Because he could do the things you couldn't? Have yet to see this and if your refereeing to the CP3 deal if it works so well why has he gone away from it???copy paste? Lol that's funny btw, wasn't he the one who got that red pulling truck to run you initially had your hands in and were unable to get to run properly? This is absolutely hilarious, The owner of the truck you are refereeing to Him and I still talk on a pretty regular basis. Why his truck left un finished is between him and I and the few that where involved and not for public knowledge. Not to mention the motor we put in the truck I am pretty sure lasted a hell of a lot longer then who has been putting it together since then. How about parts that were payed for and not installed? Again the truck left and the invoice was settled with full knowledge to the owner of what was on the truck and what was not. This matter is private and there is no hard feelings between either parties involved Quote me if I'm wrong but want he the first to get a dual fueled 6.4 to run? We have went down this path all to many times and for the record Dustin's truck was the first on the road with a CP3 setup and I made the HUGE Mistake and told Jeremy how we did it and where we mounted it, at a pull in Platteville Wisconsin. As far as the testing and making future products goes how are your heads working out? Just fine and getting very close to full release. See the difference is we strive on quality and end product gains rather then just knocking out the next big thing. If you knew how much time and money is invested into designing a product of this magnitude you might understand. If you are who I think you are you will never see any of our products on your truck. They just don't work huh... Funny that you say this bc the guy you are defending, last time I ran into him at an event he was asking about working something out to get them on Guy's truck and yours and I laughed and walked away. last time I was at your shop you were testing Nerf bars and turbos on snowmobiles and utvs of your friends, THIS TAKES THE CAKE. You are showing your true intelligence level with comments like this. Testing Nerf bars??? Yes we are a full auto repair and truck accessory shop as well as started building motors for snowmobile grass and ice drag setups. This is a family owned and operated business since 1986 and in 2004 we started getting heavy into diesel work and performance upgrades which we preformed all in house at the time unlike the guy you are defending that owned lube shops and had BWD do all his performance upgrades. In 2008 the diesel side of the business joined up with Buddy Van Aacken and one of his close friends shortly there after we reached a level that needed to divide from the original company for Liability Financial concerns. Which at the end of the day we currently have 8 employees that work for both identities and get the job done. The money all goes to the same spot in the end. Yes we do sell Nerf Bars, actually I sold three sets of bars, one spray on bedliner, one 4" rough country lift kit, a set of 60% injectors for a Duramax, and a Precision 3x3.6 PPL Legal turbo. Now for getting back to your snowmoblie ATV UTV comment, You are so far in left field you have not a clue. Yes We do performance upgrades for powersports which actually we have a contract with a major powersports company to produce there forced induction products and upgrades. Its a pretty good side gig that once designed and developed sit back and have the $$ come back in. nothing diesel related in your dads buisness with your one bay Yes we have one bay strictly dedicated to RND for diesel performance, One Bay Strictly dedicated to headgasket major repair cab up service and then we have 4 other bays for the truck accessories, general service work, and simple chip intake exhaust upgrades. Oh yeah and in the process of finishing up the engine dyno room. on the end cut the crap and get over it all three kits work guys pick one that you feel interests your needs,I did no complaints it does what its supposed to

Good luck in your endevours with the Diesel Dr. we are doing just fine without your business and your buddies lame accusations.

Not to toot the horn but our parts that we developed can be found in the strongest running Sled Pulling trucks and tractors in the country. Which is way more then some can say.

Wes Kuselick 3.0 Pro Stock Many Major wins
Jim Steindorf 3.0 Pro Stock Top placed Dmax at TS 2012 and Green County Nationals
Brandon Coates Light Limted Pro and 466 Hot Farm PPL Major Wins
Mike Paulson 466 Hot Farm PPL
Marvin Gillifilan 2.6 PPL Truck
Daniel Mooney 2.6 PPL Truck Scheid EX 2012 winner
Jerry Crow 2.6 PPL Truck
Ryan Dedolph 2.6 PPL Truck
Corey Miller 2.6 PPL Truck

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
LMFAO GOOD ONE!! :eek:fftopic But I will fill in and correct.

Good luck in your endevours with the Diesel Dr. we are doing just fine without your business and your buddies lame accusations.

Not to toot the horn but our parts that we developed can be found in the strongest running Sled Pulling trucks and tractors in the country. Which is way more then some can say.

Wes Kuselick 3.0 Pro Stock Many Major wins
Jim Steindorf 3.0 Pro Stock Top placed Dmax at TS 2012 and Green County Nationals
Brandon Coates Light Limted Pro and 466 Hot Farm PPL Major Wins
Mike Paulson 466 Hot Farm PPL
Marvin Gillifilan 2.6 PPL Truck
Daniel Mooney 2.6 PPL Truck Scheid EX 2012 winner
Jerry Crow 2.6 PPL Truck
Ryan Dedolph 2.6 PPL Truck
Corey Miller 2.6 PPL Truck

BOOM.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Snowmobile performance is huge and is now turning into a year round gig. Add the UTV market to that and theres big money there!! Very smart putting your turbo knowledge into that industry. Im way off topic but so is this thread lol

3brorce

Reaction score
Snowmobile performance is huge and is now turning into a year round gig. Add the UTV market to that and theres big money there!! Very smart putting your turbo knowledge into that industry. Im way off topic but so is this thread lol

I agree with this guy on the turbo marketing for sure in sleds and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online