Engine problems

Dzchey21

Reaction score
wonder why so much? Must have to do with freight or something, which is crazy.

Are there any other shops that might be able to do it? A piston would be relatively easy, you could do just the one and be on your way from the looks of it.

I wouldnt want to run that piston because once things get smashed that hard they tend to crack more due to added stress risers and the fact that the metal is so bulged at the top. I wouldnt feel too good about the turbo and stuff if the piston looked like that. I have however seen an engine drop a valve, they used a smooth buffer and smoothed out the piston (so there were no sharp edges) and ran it... lived a long damn time too.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
You should see snowmobiles. A skidoo that is built in canada sold by a Canadian dealer is $14,500k. That same skidoo is sold by a USA dealer is worth $13,000k.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
out of a wrecker? Or from a junkyard? Gotta be carefull of the cab and chassis engines, they were more prone to the exact problem you just had

Jesse_01

Reaction score
did you see this, I know its not in canada, but maybe you could get it shipped or picked up. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-FORD-6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item417a17080d&vxp=mtr

Thanks. We got one from the local wrecker for $7k already.

I already stole the egr cooler off of the old one. I needed one for when its time for my truck to go.

Wonder how much a person could get if they parted the old engine out. A grand or so? Be fun tearing it apart lol. I imagen the wife would love seeing it in the garage on a engine stand lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.