Engine shoot. Have a video on YouTube.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Engine all of a sudden dies. Metal every where. Look at this filter.

Video is called
6.4 with horriable sound
7edamany.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I see coolant and oil mixed, maybe a piston pin or rod bearing let go or you've had coolant in your oil for a while and it lost its lubrication possibly.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I have not found any coolant loose over the time we have had it. That filter is 3 days old. that sound is echoing thru the turbo. Horriable sound.

Its on youtube ill get the link

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
I'm thinking a cam bearing. If I remember right that's the only brass bearings in a 6.4. Get it torn down so we can see the carnage!!!

dsberman94

Reaction score
yea.. that sounds less than awesome. definitely sounds like a bearing though. my car sounded like that just before it blew up. its probably just moments from complete death that motor

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
and yes thats a bearing... i tried to tell a fellow tech that it was.. he insisted on taking off the belts to find the source.. both belts off and it sounded the same... LOL

when you shut it down, not there will be absolutely no recoil on the crank.. it just stops SOLID!

greasltn

Reaction score
That looks like an OEM filter, but in the video it has an aftermarket cap on the filter housing. I've seen that cause problems with particulates passing the filter, but I doubt that caused the spun bearing.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ha e you ever taken a pic like that in somewhat new oil? I always have a tint of green. I take alot of pics to send in for failure reports. And if it was mixed even slightly, it would be white and sludgy

Latest posts

Members online