Espar/Wabasto diesel fired coolant heater install

smittyduty86

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these on their truck. How much of a pain in the ass is it.
My truck is 2011 F350

dsmracing1

Reaction score
They don't work good, I looked into it already. They aren't able to tie into both coolant systems. You can only heat the coolant for the engine and not for the cab because there are so many different lines etc. I want to install the heater more so for heating the cab before I get into the truck in the morning.

MossBack

Reaction score
Then get the air top webasto heater and install it in the cab. It works really well I have installed lots of these gems for oil field trucks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417280951.942886.jpg

StockCar#10

Reaction score
They don't work good, I looked into it already. They aren't able to tie into both coolant systems. You can only heat the coolant for the engine and not for the cab because there are so many different lines etc. I want to install the heater more so for heating the cab before I get into the truck in the morning.

Espar makes the D2 airtronics unit that does just that. It's fuel only. You mount it in the cab an it just heats the air. Work great. I do have to work on them quite a bit but that's only because of naive truck drivers that don't use them for months on end an the glow pin filter plugs up . But other than that they are good heaters

smittyduty86

Reaction score
Well if you heat the coolant in the engine then the rest of the systems won't take as long to heat up, and besides I'm not worried about getting the warm right away that's why my truck has the factory aux heater built in to start warming up the cab before the truck is up to temp, just been wanting to put a heater on so when I can't plug in the block heater I have a back up when it -30C and when I'm out in BC sleding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smittyduty86

Reaction score
Oh bye the way I'm a heavyduty mechanic and have installed quite a few of these on equipment. Just thought I'd ask so I could get a better idea of where to hook into and how difficult.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Well seems like both of you have it figured out then.. My co-worker has his plumbed in in his dodge to heat the cab before the trucks even running and that's the only setup id be willing to use instead of having two separate espar heaters that turns into 3000 dollars to heat both systems...

pushbroom

Reaction score
I just installed one in my 6.0. Mounted the webasto down by the transmission and ran the coolant lines back. Yesterday was about -28c and for an hour of runtime it heated the truck to 135f on the coolant and 120f on the oil. The truck cab is cold when u get in but it blows heat right away. I might hook a relay in to run the cab fan on low when the webasto is on.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
I just installed one in my 6.0. Mounted the webasto down by the transmission and ran the coolant lines back. Yesterday was about -28c and for an hour of runtime it heated the truck to 135f on the coolant and 120f on the oil. The truck cab is cold when u get in but it blows heat right away. I might hook a relay in to run the cab fan on low when the webasto is on.

Which one did you use

pushbroom

Reaction score
Thermo top c. Same unit we install on all the trucks up here. Mine is a frankenstien I made using the good parts off old heaters we removed.

Latest posts

Members online