Excessive black exhaust

dsberman94

Reaction score
I believe I found the harness plug for the BARO sensor under the steering column but the sensor is MIA if I'm looking at the right plug. Is it a 4 pin round plug with 3 wires.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You sure that's not the wire for the trailer brake controller. Kinda sounds like that's what you're looking at.

heavydoc

Reaction score
I'm not sure gonna hook up to the wife's excursion and then my obs, and all again with my ethos to compare and maybe swap from the excursion.

psduser1

Reaction score
Pretty sure in 02, the baron sensor is mounted on the header panel, in front of the intercooler.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
But this says if any fault occurs, it will default to 14.5psi.

With your scan tool reading the voltage too, I almost think it's shorted to ref voltage. Probably internally to the pcm

heavydoc

Reaction score
Barometric reads 148 psi on my excursion also, but reads 27 "hg, 81 hz and 4.26 v with my ethos on both my trucks. I think 148 is a programming error on ae part.

heavydoc

Reaction score
I built a boost pressure tester over the weekend, blocked off the CCV and boost line going to the MAP sensor. Pressurized the system slowly and at 25 psi blew a hole in the intake boot right at the turbo :cursing::mad:. Ordered a new one from Riff Raff, didnt hear any leaks yet, but also was unable to test with soapy water.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If you have to go hunting for a boost 'leak' with soapy water, then it isn't the issue.

heavydoc

Reaction score
Ya it was one of those things will I was there just to check .

heavydoc

Reaction score
Well I removed both exhaust manifolds, cleaned and installed with metal gaskets, using new bolts and anti-seize. All the bolts came out pretty easy except for the 5th bolt back on both sides, those were a bear and ended up cutting the bolt and beating it out of the manifold. Took it on a test drive and truck sounded much better, the smoking was about 75% better. Took it on another drive today and smoking is almost all gone.

Latest posts

Members online