Excessive smoke sluggish

Mule13

Reaction score
Good Morning all, I have a 95 super duty with a zf5. stock except for tymar intake and 3'' downpipe. I am having excessive white smoke when i fire it up and the first few miles down the road. The white smoke clears up but i had the throttle wide open to stay at 50-60 mph towing an empty deckover trailer that weighs 4200lb. I am guessing either injector is stuck open or o-ring is bad. Or the turbo o-rings are bad and or it needs to be rebuilt entirely. Can any of yall point me in the right direction as far as diagnosing what is wrong? Id rather not pull the turbo and pedestal if i dont have to! I have an Autoengenuity scanner anything specific to test/ look for. I only had a chance smell the exhaust which did smell sweet for a few seconds but then it smelled like fuel And burned my eyes. I noticed the coolant was low I topped it off and just from starting it and backing it into the driveway 50’ it went down passed the fill mark.

trevdalocal

Reaction score
Loss of coolant + white smoke + sweet exhaust smell + lack of power, I would investigate a blown head gasket further (cooling system pressure test, etc).

Latest posts

Members online