exhaust drone

Red superduty

Reaction score
Looking to delete again and have a question. For those with only delete pipe do you have bad drone at 65-80 mph? I had flo pro w muffler and it was aweful at those speeds. Need advice.
thanks

java

Reaction score
We put an FTE resonator on my dads 6.7 for the drone and it took most of it away.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
X2. I don't even run a muffler now and just the resonator with a little bit of drone but it sounded near stock with a lot of whistle with the muffler and resonator on.. Too quiet for me haha.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I now have a turbo on my truck, the only part of my exhaust that is stock is the last section. I still have no drone and do not run a muffler. I have been in a truck with 5 inch and it does drone a little. If you go 4 inch it should never be an issue.

theplumber

Reaction score
My strait 4" drone a lot !!!
Then i have to put exhaust and Resonator

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Josh F250

Reaction score
I had 4" Flo Pro with thier muffler and was loud just driving 70-80. I put 17" FTE resonator and 42" Donalson muffler - quiet now.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
4" Flo-Pro with 24" Magnaflow muffler....no drone or noise at highway speeds. Just a slight drone at 40-45ish MPH.

The Butcher

Reaction score
4" Flo-Pro with 24" Magnaflow muffler....no drone or noise at highway speeds. Just a slight drone at 40-45ish MPH.

What's the advantage or reason for running a muffler if you are deleting? I assume just to keep noise down? I'm on the fence on deleting pretty much solely because I don't want ANY additional noise. I love how quite it is now. All I can hear is my Toyos, and they are even pretty muted inside this nice, cushy cab. I don't want any additional intake noise, and no exhaust noise, so if you have achieved that while still getting improved mileage with the delete then please let me know.

Oddly enough, I threw a Superchips tuner on it (keeping all factory exhaust, etc.) and got a 1.5 MPG increase even with my 38" Toyos. Definitely faster, and I'm just running the preloaded tunes. The shifting sucks though. I need to do the custom stuff and turn off the Torque Management so that it shifts faster, and firmer, but I'm impressed with the mileage increase and speed on just a $300 tuner with nothing else.

14ccd

Reaction score
So is the muffler first then the resonator or the other way around? I just got my 4" Flo Pro full delete exhaust with muffler from mike and want it quiet so thinking about a resonator.

DWhite

Reaction score
5 in straight and normal driving there is no drone but when I tow a decent sized load it gets old listening to it but I just turn the music up.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So do we all have a different definition of drone or what?

My truck with a straight 4 is a little louder than stock but has never irritated at all and I hate drone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.