Exhaust Filter Overlimit Message

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Driving the truck home from Indy 4x4 Jambo yesterday, Truck pops up with a "exhaust filter overlimit, service now" message on the dash. Strange part is, truck is deleted and running gearhead tunes. Any had similar issues? Any suggestions?

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
I have had several buddies with dodges have that pop up. All using H&S. Updating and reloading tunes seemed to fix it. Not sure how helpful that is since it was on dodges but.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Thats my plan as of now. Ive emailed Larz at Gearhead all morning. Seems to be the first he has heard of it. If the tuning had the dpf present then I believe the truck would be throwing codes and probably not wanting to run. If I get the message again I will return to h&s canned tunes and see if I get it. As of now I plan on reinstalling the tune to the truck and seeing how it acts. Just was curious if anyone else got the message while deleted.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Did have a P2034 (i believe) "Overboost" code under diagnostics. Went ahead and reinstalled the gearhead files just to make sure it went in okay. Hopefully its fixes it self.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Did have a P2034 (i believe) "Overboost" code under diagnostics. Went ahead and reinstalled the gearhead files just to make sure it went in okay. Hopefully its fixes it self.

That probably is what made the truck throw the message. Probably your truck saying in it's own way "hey there's something wrong." A warning message you could say. I don't think this is a tuning quark, considering Gearhead uses your base file you export when you first get your MCC unlock code. We've seen this sort of thing from time to time with efi live on duramax's and cummins. Truck will throw a "soft code" to get your attention for something that can be happening more indepth. Generally exposed when you read out the DTC's. Keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
after looking at the dtc list it appears to be a P0234 code.

thanks cody. ill keep an eye on her.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Driving the truck home from Indy 4x4 Jambo yesterday, Truck pops up with a "exhaust filter overlimit, service now" message on the dash. Strange part is, truck is deleted and running gearhead tunes. Any had similar issues? Any suggestions?

I am running Gearhead tunes and also had the Exhaust Overlimit code followed by the over boost code and a sluggish spool up. I cleared the P0234 and it came back to life.
Biggpigg4x4 did you ever have any problems again?

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
It through the code a few times after i posted. Gearhead has sent me an updated tune they said fixed a local truck with similar issues. So far no issues but i have maybe driven the truck 3 times since then.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
It through the code a few times after i posted. Gearhead has sent me an updated tune they said fixed a local truck with similar issues. So far no issues but i have maybe driven the truck 3 times since then.

Right on, I'll keep an eye on my truck and if it continues I'll do the same. Thanks Man.

Latest posts

Members online