Exhaust leak 95 psd

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Alright I have looked all around this dang truck and inside the engine dept. I cannot find any signs of an exhaust leak anywhere.. But I can hear it while it at anytime while it's running. Pretty good ticking noise, and there is a little bit of wet residue on the pedestal. Nothing black by any means but that's my only physical site of signs. Has anyone else had this problem and know where most likely to look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Hoping not, this only has 52,000 original miles on it .. Oh and sorry this is wrong thread. Should be in tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redpower

Reaction score
I'd bet it is the manifold. There is no gaskets between the manifold and head. I am in the process of doing this right now to my 97 F350 and it only has 113k on it. My 95 F250 has 165k and no leaks. Might be luck of the draw.

MossBack

Reaction score
Ford sells a problem solver kit for the 94-97 but I have bought them for 99-03's... Honestly tightening them down hot works good...
nazujuna.jpg

mepatu2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JD3020

Reaction score
I have a Fel-Pro gasket on my manifolds, which i think is identical to the Ford gasket and a lot cheaper. I also installed using stainless hardware so the bolts will never seize up again, although i have to check the torque on em every now and then.

racerdad2

Reaction score
The manifolds are notorious for warping. I took mine off & had them machined straight. They're holding up well. However, I wish I had known about the gaskets as added insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online