Exhaust options

Reaction score
Well I'm in the market for a 5" exhaust for my 08 and I have been looking at flo pros stainless kit with bungs no muffler but all I can find is down pipe back systems... Is there a kit with a downpipe or does the 4" down pipe need to be bought somewhere else, and does it add anymore sound or performance compared to the stock dp. If anyone has videos showing the sound difference between Stock dp and 4" dp to a 5" straight exhaust it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
The stock dp is 3.5" double wall, and it gets crushed to clear the firewall. It's junk!!! Plenty of vendors carry 2 pc. 4" downpipes here. I'd add one if I was you!

ncollins64

Reaction score
i bought a 5 inch flo pro system without the dp and i bought an afe 4 inch down pipe. seems like the afe downpipe fits the best imo. sound wasnt much differant but cooler egts and quicker spool up was a result

Reaction score
Nice , I will probably just do the flo pro 5" dp back kit if there is not much sound difference . I don't go crazy with this truck I just Do occasional dirt sprints and tow my boat so no need for the dp I guess . That and I like being able to just slap the stock system back on there if I get inspection tickets...

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
Nice , I will probably just do the flo pro 5" dp back kit if there is not much sound difference . I don't go crazy with this truck I just Do occasional dirt sprints and tow my boat so no need for the dp I guess . That and I like being able to just slap the stock system back on there if I get inspection tickets...

Have you crawled under the truck and looked at the Down Pipe??? That might make you change your mind......

Cknox121

Reaction score
I want to do a down pipe as well. The damn stock one is really dented!

Just don't feel like fighting with the clamp on the end of the turbo.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

F.X.5

Reaction score
I don't know about you but it seems to be a lot of room to get to the clamp

Yea, definatly easy to get to. Take off the turbo heat shield and it makes it even easier. Five 8mm bolts for the cover and a quarter inch drive deep well 7/16 socket is all I needed iirc.

3brorce

Reaction score
Getting the DP off aint bad at all. Hardest thing is cutting through the double wall to get it out. I have a diamond eye kit that came with DP and if I were to do it again I would get a flo-pro.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The DP clamp at the back of the turbo is one of the only things I can seem to get to hands around lol. Seems like everything else on these has to be worked on with the finger nail of one finger... Upgraded DPs for a duramax are 3", That ive seen, so it makes a guy wonder if were really gaining anything going with a 4". Cant recall noticing anything different when I went with mine but I guess it couldn't hurt anything either...

Latest posts

Members online