Exhaust size?

6foBAR

Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed, but I was always told that 5" exhaust aren't need under 500hp that you may actually lose a little power even. I'm running a mini maxx that never leaves "performance level", 4" exhaust, afe intake, air dog pump, and RCD intercooler pipes. By everything I've seen and read this should have me over the 500hp mark. Question is now do I need to go to a 5" exhaust?

bigaF250

Reaction score
I think it's more personal preference. 5" is a deeper tone, but 5" also carries more exhaust making the temps cooler. As far as actual power difference, I've had both and it's minimal with your mods.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I would think it really depends on down pipe size. I got a 4inch dp to 5inch on mine and noticed like 50 degree Cooler egts when on the highway and it sounds a lot nicer. More turbo sound

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The biggest downpipe available for the 6.4 is 4", so whatever comes after the downpipe is going to be personal preference as it's not really going to make a difference performance wise.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
:whs: Your not going to gain anything performance wise by going to a 5" exhaust, all it is, is cosmetics because you cant flow more then your anymore then the smallest section of the exhaust.

one2nine

Reaction score
I'm running a 4" but I will have to agree the 5" sounds better. If I can find a used 5" at a decent price I may pick it up.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm running a 4" but I will have to agree the 5" sounds better. If I can find a used 5" at a decent price I may pick it up.

I have a 5inch rear exit, I just has surface rust and I'm trying to get rid of it. All yours if you wanna drive the 5hours to NY lol

one2nine

Reaction score
Downpipe back? Lol once I get some stuff switched around on my truck I may be up for making a road trip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.