Factory tint on 97 Crew Cab

Strokersace

Reaction score
I've seen several 96/97 crew cabs that have a "factory" tint on the rear doors and back glass. It's has an ugly mirrored look to it. At least I think it's ugly anyway. Is it a tint film or tinted glass???

AND, for those that have tinted their windows on a truck with this "factory" tint, does the mirror look go away when you do a film tint. Like a "limo" style dark tint???

Questions I had burning a hole in my head so thought I'd ask!:fordoval:

davey99ps

Reaction score
I've seen several 96/97 crew cabs that have a "factory" tint on the rear doors and back glass. It's has an ugly mirrored look to it. At least I think it's ugly anyway. Is it a tint film or tinted glass???

AND, for those that have tinted their windows on a truck with this "factory" tint, does the mirror look go away when you do a film tint. Like a "limo" style dark tint???

Questions I had burning a hole in my head so thought I'd ask!:fordoval:
It's been going through my head also. I have it on my truck and I hate it. I hope theres some good info in this thread on how to cover it up

Strokersace

Reaction score
From what I've found out on another forum is that it's actually tinted/mirrored glass. The only way to truely get rid of it is to replace the windows with clear ones, then tint all to match.

Unless someone's got some other info, guess that's the plan of attack. I'm anal and want them all to be black and match. Plus I hate the mirror look!

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
From what I've found out on another forum is that it's actually tinted/mirrored glass. The only way to truely get rid of it is to replace the windows with clear ones, then tint all to match.

Unless someone's got some other info, guess that's the plan of attack. I'm anal and want them all to be black and match. Plus I hate the mirror look!

Correct. the ONLY way to get rid of the factory mirror tint is replace the windows for clear ones

Strokersace

Reaction score
Are you talking about the tint on that window I "sold" you Ryan?

Yeah, as well as the factory window that was in it that I was going to replace. Went to scrape the tint off of the window I got from you over the weekend, to find out that it wasn't a tint film. Then the more I got to looking at it, it looked like the tint was actually in the glass. Looked further at the rear doors and window in the cab to realize they were the same way.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Mine is. Both back doors and the far back glass. Getting a clear back glass from the salvage yard this evening, but the clear back door glass they won't part with because the coors are good and complete.

Latest posts

Members online