Fender Badges

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get black fender vents that dont cost $300-400. Is it cheaper to just go through the annoying process of stripping the chrome and painting them?

5280diesel

Reaction score
What year vents? 08-10? Or 2011. Just plasti-dip them black, no more than 10$ a can. It's an idea anyway

5280diesel

Reaction score
That's my old black beast with plasti-dip on wheels and badges. Sad to see her go but needed something more family friendly.

Attachments

• IMAG1456.jpg
    IMAG1456.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 79

Emery19

Reaction score
how hard is it to take the badges off? i wanna spray mine black except for the king ranch badge and then switch the red mesh to tan to match my two tone.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Shouldn't need to strip all the chrome off if you want to paint them, I just scuffed mine up real good and the body shop at my work sprayed them with bare-metal primer then painted them gloss black when they did my front bumper, turned out great

DSC03504_zps531cc292.jpg

DSC03502_zpsf7a20d11.jpg

Excuse the dust haha

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
WHat i always heard was you break them coming off and the new ones go on like a charm lol... and 08-10... hence why I put the thread in the 6.4 ;P... Thanks for the link to that thread that thread is exactly what I was looking for too bad I couldnt find it and had to post this... Thanks everyone this just made my day!!!

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Just something I heard... eaiser to get on then off because of the clips... im sure theres finesse tactics...

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Its pressure clips that hold them in. Step 1 open hood, step 2 look in the corners where the vents are, step 3 squeeze clips together and push out, its not to hard took like 10 minutes max to take them out.

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Calm down gentlemen lol just something I heard... I have a 6.0 and finishing up my 08 nose conversion and all the chrome is black so I won't the badges black... never messed with them before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Definitely like this plasti dip stuff... may do my spare set of steel oem wheels

Emery19

Reaction score
Its pressure clips that hold them in. Step 1 open hood, step 2 look in the corners where the vents are, step 3 squeeze clips together and push out, its not to hard took like 10 minutes max to take them out.

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

hmm doesnt sound hard at all. i never looked at it in all honesty, and I cant just walk outside and look at the truck. so looks like this will be the next cheap mod when i get a chance. now i just need to find tan paint for the mesh.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea I'm do it I'm just gonna wait till we get this front end swap done and get her painted

Latest posts

Members online