Few questions before I tear into my truck

buckster

Reaction score
In the next few weeks, I need to pull my truck apart to do head gaskets and head studs (08 F250). While I'm in there, I plan on doing a few other small mods and maintenance items. I'm trying to line everything up before hand so down time is minimal as this is my daily driver. Hopefully, someone here can help answer the last few questions I have.

What is the thread size for the intake manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25?
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25?
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold studs to the up pipes?
What size thread and type of fitting is the EBP tube to up pipe connection?
Is the factory hot side pipe from turbo to intercooler stainless or mild steel?
Does anyone sell an aluminum MAF sensor weld on flange for a DIY air intake?
For those that have the posts removed from the intake manifold, what did you do with the items that use to bolt to the top of it? From pictures, it looks like the fuel pump heat shield and maybe a fuel line are held in place by studs that are now replaced with plugs.
What size socket is needed for ARP head stud nuts?
What size socket is needed for the factory head bolts?

Thanks in advance.

greasltn

Reaction score
In the next few weeks, I need to pull my truck apart to do head gaskets and head studs (08 F250). While I'm in there, I plan on doing a few other small mods and maintenance items. I'm trying to line everything up before hand so down time is minimal as this is my daily driver. Hopefully, someone here can help answer the last few questions I have.

What is the thread size for the intake manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25? M6X1.0
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25? Yes
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold studs to the up pipes? M8X1.25
What size thread and type of fitting is the EBP tube to up pipe connection? 1/4NPT
Is the factory hot side pipe from turbo to intercooler stainless or mild steel? Mild steel
Does anyone sell an aluminum MAF sensor weld on flange for a DIY air intake? I've seen them but don't know where to get them
For those that have the posts removed from the intake manifold, what did you do with the items that use to bolt to the top of it? From pictures, it looks like the fuel pump heat shield and maybe a fuel line are held in place by studs that are now replaced with plugs.
What size socket is needed for ARP head stud nuts? 21MM 12 point
What size socket is needed for the factory head bolts? 16MM

Thanks in advance.

hope that helps

Dzlnut

Reaction score
If you find the maf gizmo for a diy intake let us know. I have been looking as well.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If you find the maf gizmo for a diy intake let us know. I have been looking as well.

Well, you will need a drawing. There is no gizmo lol.
BIGRPOWR can get you some I'm pretty sure. I know he's hooked a few guys up with them

Sure have. I sell stainless flanges for $50 shipped. They can be welded to 4 or 5" pipe. Thanks buddy.

Reaction score

What is the thread size for the intake manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25?
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold bolts to cylinder head? M8x1.25?
What is the thread size for the exhaust manifold studs to the up pipes?
What size thread and type of fitting is the EBP tube to up pipe connection?
Is the factory hot side pipe from turbo to intercooler stainless or mild steel?
Does anyone sell an aluminum MAF sensor weld on flange for a DIY air intake?
What size socket is needed for ARP head stud nuts?
What size socket is needed for the factory head bolts?

Thanks in advance.

What all are you planning on making? If down time is a big concern then I may suggest getting an intake that's already ported. Ours come with all the hardware ready to go. Same for some of the other things you may be building. But it all depends on what your trying to do here...

If I can help let me know.

buckster

Reaction score
What all are you planning on making? If down time is a big concern then I may suggest getting an intake that's already ported. Ours come with all the hardware ready to go. Same for some of the other things you may be building. But it all depends on what your trying to do here...

If I can help let me know.

Thanks. At the moment, I need to replace head gaskets, a blown up pipe, tensioner, and leaky radiator. I plan on porting an intake myself (just removing the posts and minimal cleanup elsewhere), fabricating manifolds and up pipes, adding a wastegate, adding a coolant filter, swap to ELC EC-1 coolant, reroute CCV, downpipe, upgrade springs and pushrods, new water pump, oil cooler, lifters, etc. I have an S&B intake now. Would like to make a new intake at some point. May come later as that's easy enough to do. I'm more of a DIY guy, so if I think I can make it, I will at least attempt it. Typically saves me some money and is nice to know I did it myself. Some work I will have done, like machining the cylinder heads. I have a local place for that. If I get into it and have a cracked piston like some have found, I'll be sure to call you for replacements. So far, I think I have everything I need.

Latest posts

Members online