Ficm harness ?

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Well yesterday I was pulling my ficm off so I can carry it to swamps today. An I noticed that my plugs were a pain to get to move, i finally got the middle one to come out an then the others came out. I noticed that someone has been in there before because the middle plug is cracked an the back one the whole plug came off, down to the little metal pins. So it looks like I need a new harness how screwed am I on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The ficm harness aint too bad if i remember right. Couple hundred dollars and an hour or two of your time probably. If there is still a tag on it, take the tag with you to order ne. I have heard of guys changing the pigtails or hard shells, an that seems to be more of a hassle than replacing the whole thing. At leats time/money wise to me...

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Yeah I got the local ford dealer to order which was a hard pill to swallow it took me prob 10 min to take off an the dang thing was $370. But I got to have it so what can you do. I seen the replacement pigtails but I told myself on something this important I'll do it right.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah something that critical to the engine running is something that should be done right.... But hey, it could have been worse and ***ked up the engine harness

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I know I thought I'm lucky in that but if it would have been that bad I might have accidentally drop a match. While I was using it for light lol.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Just bought one from Sunrise Ford and it was $183 delivered.

Sent from the ditch, upside down with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.