Ficm install

amarillo250

Reaction score
OK call me stupid but I just wanna make sure I dont mess this up. I just got my FICM from KEM and everybody tells me it is straight forward, unscrew the degas bottle and then take the old FICM off and put the new one in place and screw back on the degas bottle. I know my luck and is there anything that I have to watch or check for before I get myself in a mess? I will try to make a nice write up from this and post data before and after the switch.:ford:
Thanks for every input.

Frank

G Racing

Reaction score
Just be sure that the harness snaps and locks into the ficm when you plug it back in. If not they will slide out while you are driving down the road.

windrunner408

Reaction score
If you have large hands like I do the clips can be a real PITA other than that it is straight forward.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
+1 on big hands. I tested mine a while back, when the truck wouldnt start, and it was a bit of a PITA, but not unbearable.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Those clips SUCK and when they break zip ties work pretty well
For holding them in.
I must agree with this statement. The big one on mine is a MFer. I have long skinny hands and fingers where I can reach around both sides of the FICM and press the plugs in, but can I get the big one to seat? Fuuuukk no.

01PSD

Reaction score
We'll actually be testing my brother's in the morning, been sounding like it's running on 5 or 6 cylinders for the past week or so after initial start-up and take off.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I just use a mid size snap on pry bar wedged in there to get the plug to seat...it can be a pain that's for sure....just hope your plugs don't fall apart when you remove them...that's a b!tch

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I just use a mid size snap on pry bar wedged in there to get the plug to seat...it can be a pain that's for sure....just hope your plugs don't fall apart when you remove them...that's a b!tch
I tried that too. I tried a block of wood also.

Maybe my whole problem was I used one of my OTC prybars instead of one of my SnapOn bars.;):poke:
Believe me, I thought about using the BiggestFH I could find at one point.:hammer:

amarillo250

Reaction score
The plugs are a bitch that I can say. It is a total different truck now!!!!! The difference is amazing and I'll do some date log in the next couple days and post them here.

amarillo250

Reaction score
first day with the new Ficm. Amazing the difference this makes. Up to know the numbers are real promissing, mpg 2mls more, egt 50-100 down, the response is real straight forward and pulls better out of the hole. Tomorrow I'll tow a trailer, 5th. wheel camper ca. 8k and try the Kem tow tune for the first time. What a night and day difference this makes, why didnt I do that first????:fustrate:

amarillo250

Reaction score
I got the tow done and have to say it was a piece of cake, sometimes I was looking back just to check the camper was still there. It towed real good, so to say, the temps where real manageble and the truck pulled that Little camper like it wasnt there. I hat to watch my foot a couple of times with the right pedale there on take off because the camper was not so heavy or the truck is to strong, dont know.
My only thing right now is to see how the truck does with a real load like 13+K and what the temps do on that.
This FICM I have is well spend money and I love what it does together with the other mods.
Note to myself, next mod is more cold air like Apex manifold and Intercooler from Mike.

Latest posts

Members online