Fire rings vs oring heads

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Going to be re doing my heads on my 6.0 this summer. Going to replace my arp studs with a set of h11. Running 285/150s, s475, ported intake, fuel system, built trans. What's the pro and con of doing fire rings vs oring heads?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I think Maryland Perf. Diesel O-rings... Maybe they can pop in. Im going to be doing mine too, MPD is an option for me, since Im very close to them. I think thats the only way they do them as well.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Whats was the cost that you paid said and done. Assuming it was just a stud job.. But yeah that was 8yrs ago.

swinky

Reaction score
I was just going to start the same thread. My trucks mild compared to yours but I'm also planning on extreme studs and oringed heads.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

taterthedog

Reaction score
Phone MPD for any O-ring questions. They cut the heads themselves, it only added $300 or something to the bill to have the heads o-ringed when they were off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
Labor cost, only around 600hp, from everything I've heard fire rings will hold more pressure but don't take to heat cycles as well.

Disagree on the heat cycles. My fire ringed heads are 8 years old. They take heat cycles just fine...no problems.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Pretty sure that FIRE rings can deal with a little heat cycling. Or else big companies like swamps and hypermax wouldn't use them. Just a thought

swinky

Reaction score
Pretty sure that FIRE rings can deal with a little heat cycling. Or else big companies like swamps and hypermax wouldn't use them. Just a thought

That's what I've always heard. They're a no go for a dd. That's what the Cummins guys say.

97stoker350

Reaction score
That's not what I meant. I mean that they are probably ok for dd. 7.3 guys have no choice if they separate original gaskets, if they wanna make a high hp dd truck

swinky

Reaction score
Maybe it's different for us. We only have 4 studs per cylinder.

windrunner408

Reaction score
KC Turbos is developing a 2-ring fire-ring gasket kit. He's about to try out the first prototype here in about a week. Gonna be running 285/75s with dual oil and I forget what size turbo it'll be. I know it's a big VGT. Wanna say 71mm but don't quote me.

Sprman

Reaction score
Been running 0-ringed heads from liberator performance now for about 5 years and have zero issues. Been through plenty of abuse and such. I went with them due to availability and timing. I'm happy with them.

Latest posts

Members online