First OBS project, open to guidance

diesel slacker

Reaction score
I am doing a build for my buddy, he comes to me, and says " why cant i hang with these other trucks", and whatnot. So I explain to him how to get power properly, because of his limitations (injectors, exhaust, not a lot of boost).
You guys know the drill. So we decide to do it big.
ANY TIPS OR GOOD DEALS on quality parts let me know.
At this time I'm going with a d66 turbo, looking for a deal on some hybrids, and e-fuel, reg return.
Pics are on the way, help me show these Cummings, and "its got a tuner and wicked wheel off the special ford turbo" guys whats up. :pullover:

One question at this time, is there anyone in chattanooga who is a psa member. I have people come to me all the time wanting work done

diesel slacker

Reaction score
MY projected parts
d66
17* hpop
dont know whether to diy fuel or buy beans kit
3 inch down pipe to diamond eye exh
looking for 238/100 or 250/200 because turbo will be upgraded later
cac

Any help in any area would be great:thumbup:

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Who's tuning you gonna go with? That's a lot of injector for that turbo, I'd go a t4 mount and something like an s366, you'll also need upgraded parts in the trans.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
There's a 02 IC on here for 100$ and for fuel system jake at irate makes a nice RR system. For oil can't go Wrong with a t500 pump if your on a budget I have one with 250/200s and it holds over 3k at wot

diesel slacker

Reaction score
come on with the tips because if this truck runs great, ill pick up a lot of work.
I do have a 12 valve dyno proven at garmons 752/1158, and a 6.0 dude dynoed at 462 dont remember the torque, so im not new to the power game.
I just want this to be my show piece

diesel slacker

Reaction score
Chattanooga sux as far as getting people who understand what it takes to make proper power. OOOOh i roll coal makes me sick. hit me up if you are from chatt area

chromehound

Reaction score
I'd skip the DiamondEye exhaust and go with somebody else. The setup I put on fit like crap, the clamps wouldn't stay tight, I had to trim the fuel tank strap (that was because the gn was in the way) and modify the T hanger and make a diffrent one for the tailpipe. Others have had good luck but not me.

PSDEng

Reaction score
My biggest tip....do it right the first time. Get the turbo your buddy wants and not something that will "just get him by" until later.....and 238s are going to get you in the area of 500hp. That won't be quite enough to hang with and 800hp truck

Nodge

Reaction score
My truck isn't a show piece, but with beans tuning, the 238's and D66, I have embarrassed many newer trucks.

baderic03

Reaction score
17* pump isn't enough. Run a Srp1.1 hpop, 250/200,studs,910 shimmed springs,push rods,rr fuel system with either a walbro pump or a1000 D66 will hold up with good tunes and injectors turned down. Going to have to build a Trans for it also

diesel slacker

Reaction score
Well going down to pull the injectors today. This will be the third set of injectors sent to FFD in 2 weeks. It has been slow going due to a new job and owner working out of town.

I have a spare trans to build while we drive the truck on some initial runs for 2-3 weeks. It will be limited to a 5 mile round trip to work and shaking down all the current mods.

My poor buddy is stuck in a honda suv til it gets doneLOL. He is on the road constatly so it will be a bit b4 i can finish the project at his crane shop.

Who is the best on trannys in the chattanooga area or just ship it to bts/ other trans place

Latest posts

Members online